Marc Jacobs Beauty

MaitaiFluff

I'm getting my first Marc Jacobs haul delivered tomorrow. Since this collection is a little on the spendy side (and a Sephora exclusive so no discount for me) I asked my boyfriend to buy me a few things for our anniversary. I let him pick out the colours. So far, just about everything that I've seen on this thread has been gorgeous, so I'm getting super excited.

Tatiana87

I feel like a want to try MJ Genius Gel foundation but I go back and forth about it. I already have Ysl touche eclat illuminating foundation and Chanel perfection lumiere plus Mac and some other brands. Don't know if it's a must have and I'm also to afraid to ask for a sample at Sephora. Waiting for someone to swatch the foundations all together like Karla Sugar used to do.

MaitaiFluff

I feel like a want to try MJ Genius Gel foundation but I go back and forth about it. I already have Ysl touche eclat illuminating foundation and Chanel perfection lumiere  plus Mac and some other brands. Don't know if it's a must have and I'm also to afraid to ask for a sample at Sephora. Waiting for someone to swatch the foundations all together like Karla Sugar used to do.
I miss those swatches. They were so helpful. Not too many bloggers swatch foundation ranges.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Her website is still up, but she hasn't updated since May. (She blogged for Neiman Marcus for a while, but she doesn't now.) I definitely miss her. Her foundation swatches were a godsend, IMO. I can't think of many others, if any, who swatch the full range of foundations.

Tatiana87

I definitely miss her. Her foundation swatches were a godsend, IMO. I can't think of many others, if any, who swatch the full range of foundations.
iagree.gif

brittbby

99fbd04a_image.jpeg
My jaw dropped! I need this in my life ASAP!! Edit: I just realized this isn't a great value... Boo! They value the lacquer case at $100?? Hmmm

brittbby

I did!! I'm obsessed! I want both sets plus the highlighter -_- doomed!! Hahaha plus I want nars stuff. Poor wallet

katred

Specktra Bestie
Here's a review of the holiday powder. It's actually quite understated:

http://www.perilouslypale.com/2013/10/marc-jacobs-lightshow-luminizing-powder-302-close-holiday-2013-photos-swatches-review.html

MissTT

Maybe I was feeling especially giddy opening holiday items, but the overspray kind of looked like real sequins in real life. At a glance anyway. It's a gorgeous piece.

vaisforluvrs

Here's a review of the holiday powder. It's actually quite understated:

http://www.perilouslypale.com/2013/10/marc-jacobs-lightshow-luminizing-powder-302-close-holiday-2013-photos-swatches-review.html
I was worried that it would be too glittery but I'm glad that it's just an overspray. So pretty!

katred

Specktra Bestie
If you're looking for a somewhat better deal, the "sampler kit" with a shadow trio, lip gloss, eye liner, mascara and perfume sample looks like a better option. The shadow trio is very holiday-like.

I also just noticed that there are sparkly cream shadows up that I hadn't noticed before. I have allergic reactions to almost all cream shadows, so I doubt these will be for me, but I'm sure some might be interested in them...

katred

Specktra Bestie
On a whim, I picked up The Glam shadow trio this week. At first, I had thought it would be too warm for me, but having worn it a couple of times, I really love it. I actually think that I'm going to apply myself to collecting all the 3-shadow palettes, because I can see ways in which I could work with all of them. Ironically, for me, the large yellow-beige shade in The Glam was what sold me on it. I have literally never seen a shade like it. It's a lovely, silky matte that might work for darker skin tones as a highlight shade, but on me is just perfect over the lid. It's deep enough that it adds noticeable colour, but the yellow tone really brightens my eyes. It's a very warm-toned palette, but unless you're extremely cool-toned, I think that it would work well for you.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Found a shot of a new palette coming out for the holidays! http://instagram.com/p/sQBnDDzKM1/ Looks like a muted version of The Siren, sort of. Also, has anyone else noticed that a few new items have been creeping into the permanent collection at Sephora? There's a new 3-palette and a new 7-palette, plus a new blush. Haven't heard anything about them. The 3-pan is taupe... Heaven help me.

vaisforluvrs

Also, has anyone else noticed that a few new items have been creeping into the permanent collection at Sephora? There's a new 3-palette and a new 7-palette, plus a new blush. Haven't heard anything about them. The 3-pan is taupe... Heaven help me.
Pretty. Looks like there is an eyeliner set too.

Vineetha

Anyone got the Dreamer 212 shadow Palette! I want to get that one but would love to hear some thoughts before taking the leap! Thanks!