Mascara Smears

lexfunk

This may not be the right section...

However, I have a dilemma with my mascara. No matter what type I use, I get smudges on my eyeshadow/lid while applying. I always make sure to wipe off the brush beforehand, as I know that often times too much mascara is on the wand. Despite this effort, I always end up with smudges, that usually ruin the hard work I had just completed. I do not curly my lashes, as they are already quite curled/curly...

I would appreciate any advice on how to avoid this!!

gigglegirl

you're talking about applying to the top part right?

do you apply with your eyes slightly closed and then brush it up? I don't curl my lashes either as I have long lashes and this is also a problem of mine, so I apply it while my eyes are halfclosed and (NO BLINKING) keep them half closed after applying and blow or wave air on your eyes to dry the mascara. Then I have no little dots from when its still wet.

lexfunk

I do apply it with my eyes half closed; however, I have a hard time really coating my lashes. I feel it's when i try to really coat them individually that it happens. My eyelashes are quite thick and curled, and I have a hard time getting them to separate... if that makes sense.

Perhaps I am not really looking down enough?

FiestyFemme

I have the same problem often, and I'm yet to find anything to remedy the actual problem. However, I've found that if I let the smudge dry, I can easily wipe it away with a q-tip without destroying all my work.

mizuki~

I put a business card or just a regular card behind my lashes (like a wall between your lids and lashes) while applying mascara with my eyes wide open. Best technique ever. I never get clumps or anything and my lashes get coated evenly.
thmbup.gif

gigglegirl

yeah Feisty i agree with you, If I dont look down/half closed then I get mascara on my face then ill just take a qtip and drag it off, doesn't ruin my eye makeup.

user79

I used to have this problem, now what I do is hold my head straight, then hold a mirror down at around my chin and just tilt my eyes down (not the head) when applying. It works a lot better this way.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I used to have this problem, now what I do is hold my head straight, then hold a mirror down at around my chin and just tilt my eyes down (not the head) when applying. It works a lot better this way.

I'm going to try this.
thmbup.gif

lexfunk

Thank you so much for the ideas, ladies! I definitely think these are some of the answers I'm looking for. I'm going to try to "head straight, eyes down approach" tomorrow.