Match Me! MAC Face and Body Foundation (pic)

TaraOx

The nearest MAC Pro store is hours from where I live, so I can't get matched up professionally. I tried the online chat with a MAC artist (on their website) and they suggested shade N5 based on my description of my skin tone, but they didn't see a picture. I've never been matched to any MAC foundation before, so I have no shade to give you as a reference point, sorry! I've heard that the Face and Body Foundation is even trickier to find a match to, since they only sell a certain number of shades.

So I'm posting a pic in hopes that someone can match me up, or at least tell me if N5 would be the right shade? I have a dark tan year round, and would rather risk the foundation being a tad too dark than too light. (If it's too dark, I can always mix it with another product to lighten it a bit... if it's too light, then I'm just screwed!)

EDIT: Thanks everyone! I also sent a pic to a MAC MUA by email on their website, who also suggested N5 so I'm ordering it now!
smiles.gif

And SnowAngel1106, thanks for the tip that's good to know... At least now I won't worry about it if it doesn't match! I live in the middle of nowhere pretty much so there's no other locations around me, the closest is the pro store and I don't exacty feel like driving 3 hours for foundation! lol

Candy Christ

To me you look in between N4 and N5 but more N5. F&B is pretty good though that its sheer so even if you're off shade it's not obvious

TaraOx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Christ
To me you look in between N4 and N5 but more N5. F&B is pretty good though that its sheer so even if you're off shade it's not obvious

Thank you! So I'm assuming that N5 is a dark/tannish color? It's really hard to tell on the website, all the squares with the colors labelled look kind of the same!

erine1881

its far too hard to colour match based on a picture on the computer. lighting and computer settings are different on every camera and computer. F&B is available at all freestanding stores as well, not just at pro stores, so i recommend going in person to get matched. or, go to any location and get matched. then call a store or CS so you have a referrence foundation and colour to give them. this will give you a more accurate match.

SnowAngel1106

I can't help with the matching thing, but I did call MAC yesterday after I posted a question here. Maccosmetics.com accepts return up to a year! So if you do happen to get the wrong color, you can definitely return it. I have to do all my MAC shopping online as well since I live on a military base in Japan so knowing this definitely comes in handy!