Mathcing MAC concealer and foundation

rose_arcana

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have just recently purchased my first MAC foundation (Select SPF 15 in NW20), and want to match a Select Cover Up Concealer to it. But the same shade Select Cover Up concealer appears to be darker than the foundation when I sample them on my hand together. Is this common? If so, how many shades lighter in the Select Cover Up should I go?

TIA
smiles.gif

sassy*girl

back when i used to use select spf15 foundation in nc30, my select cover up concealer was also in that shade.

during the summer months when i went nc35, i still used the nc30 concealer (i remember one time when i had both shades of 30 and 35 concealers and mixed them to get a good shade) so maybe you can also get a lighter shade of select cover up along with the nc30 to see if you can get a good blend that suits you.

if you just want one though, i would get a lighter one because it's always easier to cover up something lighter than something that's too dark for your skin. hope that helps!

rouquinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy*girl
if you just want one though, i would get a lighter one because it's always easier to cover up something lighter than something that's too dark for your skin. hope that helps!

sassy's right - go one shade lighter.

that's most useful for hiding things you want to hide.