maybelline dream liquid mousse?

RoxyJ

Overall Rating: 4
Price: 5
Packaging Quality: 4
Would you buy this product again? tentatively, yes.

I tried this foundation after trying MAC Mineralize and Clinique soft finish, both foundations turned me into an oompa-loompa, and MAC didn't come in a pale enough shade.

Pros:
On first appearances the foundation is smooth and silky feeling, and quite pigmented, after blending it into my skin the final coverage seems to be medium to light-medium. It doesn't seem to excentuate my dry skin any more than other foundations. The finish seems a bit powdery at first, but "melds" into my skin after a few minutes to a slight glowy texture, there doesn't seem to be any noticable sparkes. Silicones and glycerine seem to be pretty high on the ingredent list so that accounts for the smooth feeling and slight moisturizing feeling. The pump top seems pretty heigenic and there is a little "lid" that covers the pump part.

Cons:
Seems to have faded a bit throughout the day.
I haven't tried this long emough to tell if it will break me out.
May be too "glowy" for those who have an oily t-zone.

So far, so good. If it doen't break me out I will definately repurchase.

FYI: Canadians, pharmaplus is having a sale on these for $6.99.

iamgrape1119

Overall Rating: 2
Price: 5
Packaging Quality: 4
Would you buy this product again? NO! Not even when it's BOGOF!

I bought this last week when Walgreens had this on BOGOF. I was so happy that I picked 2 colors. I'm NC25-NC30, and I picked Light 2-3 and Medium 0, and both are good matches (although Maybelline foundations are generally a little too pink). The packaging was really cute and hygienic.

The coverage was light to medium, depending on your application. I used a MAC 187 and the initial finish was great. It was matte and airbrushed, just like the package claimed. However, after about 30 minutes, the finish turned dewy....WAY TOO DEWY. It was gliding off of my face and onto everything my face touches...my shirt, my BF's shirt, my hands, etc. It was so greasy and disgusting, and it broke me out! My skin was really dry, but this is even way too much emollient for me! I would not repurchase this again!

smi5290

i like this foundation! it is pretty dewey and a little thick for my liking. i like to mix it with maybellines liquid mineral foundation. it's also light enough for my skintone which makes me happy
smiles.gif
i would definitely wear a powder with it, though

Dreamergirl3

I bought this over the weekend and returned it! It was hard to find a good shade for my yellow-olive NC25 skintone, but it wasn't too far off to be unwearable. I feel the same as iamgrape1119! It nearly completely slipped off my face by the end of the day and came off on everything.

And I had primed and powdered and oil blotted throughout the day. It was just too much of a hassle for me. I wish they didn't discontinue the Age Rewind Cream!!!

coachkitten

I really wanted to love this foundation but I didn't. Instead of giving me a poreless/airbrushed finish it actually just settled in to my pores even with a primer. It looked so promising in the ads. Oh well!

User38

I love the feel of the mousse foundations and blushes -- I just find the coverage and the wearablility a pain in the butt. They are good products for a teenager
smiles.gif

Latest posts