Maybelline products are expensive in NZ!

ButterflyKeeper

One 8g pottle of the Mineral Power Powder Foundation is about NZD31. One 30ml bottle of liquid foundation is NZD34.

Isn't it supposed to be an affordable make up line?

What are the prices in the US and elsewhere? I'd like a comparison, please!

Junkie

Edited:

Liquid Dream Mousse Airbrush Foundation - $14.99
Mousse Concealer & Mousse Blush - $9.49
Mousse Matte Foundation - $14.99
Matte Pressed Powder - $14.99
Superstay Foundation - $15.49
Mineral Powder Foundation (loose w/ kabuki) - $16.99
Mineral Liquid Concealer tube w/ wand - $10.99
Mineral Liquid Foundation (in bottle) - $15.49
Mineral Powder (pressed compact) - $15.99
Age Rewind Pressed Powder - $14.99
Age Rewind Liquid Foundation - $14.99
Powder Blush & Bronzer (pressed compact) - $10.49

Mascaras go down to $3.99 during super sales, but mosty hover around $8-9 regular sale. I'm pretty sure the stuff in the pink tube with green handle (old school stuff) is $9.49 regular price. The rest are up to $15.99 each depending on the formula.

Lipsticks are up to $9.99-11.49, but also go on sale regularly down to $5-6, sometimes $3.99.

These prices are at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada. However, Walmart and Zellers especially are a lot cheaper. I remember comparing prices for Revlon PhotoReady & ColourStay and it was like, $5-8 difference!

Bjarka

Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation Sand 30ML GBP 7.99 (at Superdrug)

I couldn't see the mineral one. Hope it helps you
smiles.gif

ywill

The mineral power foundation is $8.99-9.99 here in the U.S depending on what store you go in.

miss-lilly

Yes, I know what you mean, the prices here are way too high
thmbdn.gif

I don't remember exactly how much but I remember thinking that I could buy MAC with that kind of money. So now I don't even go near a Maybelline counter.
Also L'Oreal products are very expensive. I think that a blush costs around 14-15 euros (around $20) which is insane!

ButterflyKeeper

MAC is still way more expensive than Maybelline here in New Zealand. Like the seahorse blush from the Beach collection costs around NZD75. @.@

I buy my stuff online from sellers who buy Maybelline in the US in bulk and sell it here for a lower price.
greengrin.gif

anita22

Another Kiwi here, sharing your pain..!

I've never really understood why cosmetic prices in general are so high in New Zealand. I honestly think it must be partly to do with the lack of competition - not just among cosmetic brands (there are woefully few compared to how many there are in the UK, where I'm currently living) but also among retailers. For instance, we don't really have department stores and pharmacy chains pitting themselves against each other for share of the "beauty dollar" to nearly the same degree as the UK or the US.

Before I left NZ I had pretty much resorted to buying things from the US via a parcel forwarding service. I had to wait longer in between purchasing items (because it doesn't make sense to have cosmetics shipped over unless you're buying several things at a time), but I saved heaps, on MAC especially. If you're a serious beauty shopper than this is definitely something I'd recommend!