maybelline's mineral power line.

what do you think about them? i know they're not as pure as BE, but are they better than traditional makeup? i.e. liquid foundation, pressed powder blush, etc.

today, i went to wal-mart, and saw a bonus pack : mineral foundation with mineral blush as a gift. how come it's only wal-mart that has these packages? drugstores i've been to never have these bonus packs.

and about the concealer : how "pure" can it be if it's liquid, and contains paraben?

BOTTOM LINE : what do you think about the line?

Its been tempting me. Walmart has a set of the foundation and a blush for $6.something. But I need another foundation like I need a hole in the head. If I cave, I'll be sure to report my thoughts.

RoseyPosey

I have the powder and liquid and its my favorite face makeup so far for sure.

I like the liquid better than the powder though, but i do use both everyday.

Brittni

You should really search the forum before re-posting the same topics...

There's a pretty decent thread on this subject here.

But, my two cents: I don't really care if it's truly mineral or not, which it obviously isn't, but I'd judge it more on how it lasts. I don't find it to be anything exceptional, and the powders/lightest shades are really yellow-y.

ShesAFoxyLady

I recently bought the mineral powder foundation after hearing lots of good recommendations & I'm WELL impressed. Seems very good indeed, applies flawlessly and you can hardly tell you're wearing it, not cakey at all. Lasts all day without going shiny, even in hot weather!
smiles.gif

ETA - but the free brush it comes with is pretty bad, very scratchy. So I'd recommend having your own to apply it with!

i bought the powder foundation. i think it's pretty good. it gave enough coverage. it seems as though one color works for many shades. mine is too dark for me, but it looked natural on my skin.

but i think the brush was okay. not the softest, but it doesn't irritate my skin. and it delivered an all right coverage. i'm keeping it if i ever lose my BE kabuki brush.