Melt Cosmetics

BuickMackane

thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif
If I haven't received my shipping notification by the end of tomorrow I'm going to ask them to cancel the order and give me a refund (just cancelling the order won't cut it as they have already taken the money off my Paypal
th_rolleye0014.gif
) . They can shove their lipsticks where the sun don't shine. I normally don't mind delays in shipping but the inconsistency in how they handle the shipping really pisses me off.

butterflyeyes

If I haven't received my shipping notification by the end of tomorrow I'm going to ask them to cancel the order and give me a refund (just cancelling the order won't cut it as they have already taken the money off my Paypal :rolleyes: ) . They can shove their lipsticks where the sun don't shine. I normally don't mind delays in shipping but the inconsistency in how they handle the shipping really pisses me off.
Try emailing them. It was a heavy ordering period with the sale so delays are expected. I emailed about my order (granted I didn't place my order until Sunday and I was contacting them just to make sure the order could be filled since when I placed my order the Nood Collection was showing as sold out. I didn't know if it could be filled since the only reason I could complete the order was because the set was already in my cart prior to it showing as sold out). They got back to me about 15 mins ago and sent the tracking number. They tend to be really good with responding to you.

BuickMackane

Try emailing them. It was a heavy ordering period with the sale so delays are expected. I emailed about my order (granted I didn't place my order until Sunday and I was contacting them just to make sure the order could be filled since when I placed my order the Nood Collection was showing as sold out. I didn't know if it could be filled since the only reason I could complete the order was because the set was already in my cart prior to it showing as sold out). They got back to me about 15 mins ago and sent the tracking number. They tend to be really good with responding to you.
You're right. They're probably swamped with orders. I actually did e-mail them yesterday, and they responded saying that they had received my order and that they would ship it "soon". I'm probably just being an overentitled, spoilt brat
lol.gif

butterflyeyes

You're right. They're probably swamped with orders. I actually did e-mail them yesterday, and they responded saying that they had received my order and that they would ship it "soon". I'm probably just being an overentitled, spoilt brat :lol:  
Hopefully they'll ship it out today or tomorrow. Although I got my tracking today I know it probably won't actually ship until tomorrow. I don't blame you for wanting info fast. We all do lol. But out of all of the times I have ordered from Melt they have been the most pain-free experience. Even when I had a lipstick arrive damaged they quickly rectified the issue. I think that's the only reason I'm ok paying the shipping...and I HATE paying shipping lol

BuickMackane

Hopefully they'll ship it out today or tomorrow. Although I got my tracking today I know it probably won't actually ship until tomorrow. I don't blame you for wanting info fast. We all do lol. But out of all of the times I have ordered from Melt they have been the most pain-free experience. Even when I had a lipstick arrive damaged they quickly rectified the issue. I think that's the only reason I'm ok paying the shipping...and I HATE paying shipping lol
I don't mind paying shipping if things are sent quickly, and I don't mind waiting for things to ship quickly when the shipping is free. I do mind waiting for almost a week for something to ship when I have paid for shipping, especially when many other orders have been handled quickly and when all I get in response to a query is a saccharine "We're going to make sure you get your new Melt babies in your hands soon! :)"

Anyway, I e-mailed them about an hour ago and asked them to cancel the order and issue me a refund if they hadn't sent the order already. To their credit they did cancel it, but there was no apology, no explanation whatsoever. Only a "We hope you shop with us again!"
th_rolleye0014.gif

Hope you all enjoy your new goodies. I'm done with Melt unless they come up with something so spectacularly, breathtakingly unique that it renders their stupid shipping charges and snotty behaviour tolerable.

butterflyeyes

I don't mind paying shipping if things are sent quickly, and I don't mind waiting for things to ship quickly when the shipping is free. I do mind waiting for almost a week for something to ship when I have paid for shipping, especially when many other orders have been handled quickly and when all I get in response to a query is a saccharine "[COLOR=222222]We're going to make sure you get your new Melt babies in your hands soon! :)"[/COLOR] [COLOR=222222]Anyway, I e-mailed them about an hour ago and asked them to cancel the order and issue me a refund if they hadn't sent the order already. To their credit they did cancel it, but there was no apology, no explanation whatsoever. Only a "We hope you shop with us again!" [/COLOR]:rolleyes: Hope you all enjoy your new goodies. I'm done with Melt unless they come up with something so spectacularly, breathtakingly unique that it renders their stupid shipping charges and snotty behaviour tolerable.
Wow...I guess I have been lucky with them. I've never had a bad experience (knock on wood) and they've always answered my emails fairly quickly. I'm glad they canceled your order for you quickly...especially considering that today is a holiday. I guess one way to look at it is that you have money to use elsewhere so it's their loss. I would consider emailing them again to complain about the situation. Although you've canceled your order it still should be known why you canceled and now dissatisfied you are.

BuickMackane

Wow...I guess I have been lucky with them. I've never had a bad experience (knock on wood) and they've always answered my emails fairly quickly. I'm glad they canceled your order for you quickly...especially considering that today is a holiday. I guess one way to look at it is that you have money to use elsewhere so it's their loss. I would consider emailing them again to complain about the situation. Although you've canceled your order it still should be known why you canceled and now dissatisfied you are.
My previous orders with Melt went smoothly so I never had to contact their CS. The general consensus seems to be that their CS is good, so I'm guessing this particular episode was an exception rather than the norm. I didn't know today was a federal holiday, so kudos to them for sorting out the cancellation.

I don't feel bad about not getting the products because they were things that I wouldn't have ordered were it not for the sale, but I was irritated about the nonchalance with which the CS rep dealt with the situation (it was someone called Cecilia if it rings any bells). I'm not going to lie, I probably wouldn't have requested a cancellation had her tone been different in their response to my first message. Hardly rational behaviour on my part, but there ya go.

I hadn't considered e-mailing them to complain, but have a point. Anyone with half a brain would know why I requested a cancellation but sometimes you have to spell things out.

Hope your order arrives soon :)

butterflyeyes

Has anyone received what they ordered from the sale yet? Apparently mine was shipped but the tracking hasn't updated for days.
Haven't received mine yet but tracking updated yesterday and will arrive tomorrow. I expected that since the tracking number generated late Tuesday so I knew it wouldn't be picked up until Thursday since Wednesday was a holiday.

slowlikehoney

Haven't received mine yet but tracking updated yesterday and will arrive tomorrow. I expected that since the tracking number generated late Tuesday so I knew it wouldn't be picked up until Thursday since Wednesday was a holiday.
Ah, okay. Good to know! Even though my tracking hasn't updated, I'm hoping mine will get here tomorrow as well.

novocainedreams

Has anyone received what they ordered from the sale yet? Apparently mine was shipped but the tracking hasn't updated for days.
Yes mine came yesterday but I only live about 8 hours from their shipping location so I get packages fairly quick and I ordered right at the start of the sale.

Mizani

I only got 6six6. I like it and I think it applies better than Dark Room did/does. Can't believe it has already been a year since I ordered that. Anyways, too bad Bane was sold out cause I might have gotten it too. Oh well.

slowlikehoney

My package is delayed. It was sent to a different state, which passes my state. I don't know how that happened. So now I don't know when I'll get it. Thanks, USPS.
sigh.gif

butterflyeyes

My package is delayed. It was sent to a different state, which passes my state. I don't know how that happened. So now I don't know when I'll get it. Thanks, USPS. :sigh:
Wow that sucks! Hopefully you'll get it by Monday. Good ole USPS....they always find a way to mess things up lol.

butterflyeyes

Don't they? I'm hoping to get it by Monday! I doubt it but all I can do is wait at this point. Hopefully the tracking actually keeps me updated this time.
I've had multiple issues with receiving deliveries from USPS. It may just be my particular mail carrier but my packages and letters have been delivered to other streets that aren't remotely close in name to mine or marked as delivered when I watched the mailman drive past my house without delivering anything. Almost daily I'm getting mail meant for someone else (again, street name not remotely close enough to mine to be confused).

Vandekamp

My package is delayed. It was sent to a different state, which passes my state. I don't know how that happened. So now I don't know when I'll get it. Thanks, USPS.
sigh.gif
It's instances like what you just recalled help to explain why UPS and Fed Ex are so successful.

Latest posts