Metal-X shadows hard to work with?

KTB

I need some help from the experts of Specktra
smiles.gif
I am the one in charge of my skating teams makeup and we've decided on a silvery/grey smokey eye. I intend to use MAC products since I have to do everybody's makeup (12 people) in a little over an hour and a half.

Anyway ... I've been looking for a silver shadow and am wondering whether the Virgin Silver from Metal-X would be easy to apply? Does it blend well with regular MAC shadows? Or would I be better off sticking with the Electra/Silver Ring/Black Tied look that we had planned out before but that just isn't quite as silver as we'd like.

Thanks so much
th_wink3.gif

Sshaythiel

I have no probs with my Metal X eyeshadows... I use the Artdeco base and a Paintpot under it.....it works....
yes.gif

gigglegirl

I used my silver metal x (Cyber) over silver fog pigment--i found it works better for me to do my eye and then put the metal-x overtop. I do however, have issues with how its dry and flaky putting it on the brush (that could make it harder to work with) and sometimes I get a flake on my eye that I have to make sure to blend. Still learning but I find heating it up by holding my loaded brush next to my desk lamp works a bit better.

It would definitely give you an awesome silver colour but if you've not worked with it before and have the time constraint, I would prob stick with just powder shadows. But if you have a chance, see if your local counter or store has any left that you could play with. If you do want to get a Metal-x eyeshadow--get familiar and test it out before to see what works for you!

Amaranth

The Metal-X eyeshadows crease on me within about 5 minutes. I've asked some artists at MAC counters how to get it to stop, and they said to just put a base underneath it...though I do that every time I wear eyeshadow and it still creased. I've found that you have to put a similarly coloured powder on top of the Metal-X to stop it from creasing. I have Cyber, so I put on Bare Canvas Paint, then Cyber, than lightly pat on Silver Fog pigment. This works really well for me, and you can still see the Metal-X shadow coming though, it's very pretty. However, if you're strapped for time you should probably just stick to a shadow. The Metal-X shadows don't crease on everyone, but considering you have 12 people to work with, chance are it will on at least one person.

Also, just so you know, Virgin Silver is more of a white. If you want silver, you should go with Cyber.

Amaranth

Oh, also, if that shadow combo you mentioned in your post isn't silver enough, try the Silver Fog pigment (if you can find it). It's quite silver-y
smiles.gif

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sshaythiel
I have no probs with my Metal X eyeshadows... I use the Artdeco base and a Paintpot under it.....it works....
yes.gif

what method do you use to apply metal x, i bought a few colours and i found it really hard to apply the colour from the pot to my eye
ssad.gif

I used my finger and the 242 brush but i failed miserably!
TIA

KTB

Hmmm these responses definitely helped!!!! I think I'm going to stick with powder shadows. I don't have a counter nearby so I do a lot of window shopping here to get ideas what I want and then buy online.

I think I might try to get my hands on Silver Fog piggie though.

Thanks so much ladies
smiles.gif