Mexico -- Skincare for heat/humidity?

visivo

Hi! I have been absent from these forums for so long, it's good to be back!

Mostly I've kept away because I've been totally busy and haven't worn a stitch of makeup in months -- which is good I guess, but I miss it :p
I am going to Mexico (pacific side) on Saturday for a bit, and I need a good facial sunscreen or tinted moisturizer +spf that is SERIOUSLY non-greasy. I have liked stila's tinted moist. in the past, but it does make me shiny and exacerbates my sensitive/breakout-prone skin. I use Vitamin C treatments, and already have pale, sunburn-prone skin, which means I need to be extra careful with spf!
I have used and liked several skincare lines in the past, most recently Earth Science, Body Shop (seaweed line), Lush (no spf though), Beauty Without Cruelty and Avalon Organics Vitamin C line.

Curious about that Dr. Weil line @ origins. Seems pricey, but maybe it's worth it?

Thanks,
m

Here's me (barely awake) for reference:
391317762_0ce974d366.jpg

Dreamergirl3

Have you tried Alba Botanica sunscreens? They make a spf 20 facial sunscreen (I haven't tried it) and a chemical free spf 18 that I have tried, and used on my face. It absorbed well, didn't have a sickening suncreen smell (but DID smell, only to me it smelled good and a little sweet haha), and was not greasy. I used to mix it with my foundation before using ones with built in SPFs.
http://www.albabotanica.com/?id=72&pid=138

also, if you're okay with Neutrogena, they make GREAT sunscreens that are indeed NOT greasy at all. Definately check them out if you are interested. HTH and have a great trip!

visivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
...a chemical free spf 18 that I have tried, and used on my face

Yes! I did this too! It wasn't too greasy but it felt kind of heavy for use on the face, so I will try their face ones. They make a tinted one? I need to reread your post but I think it said you mixed it before you found their tinted one, maybe I am crazy. :p I have liked Neutro in the past, I like their sunscreen for the body...

Thanks for the recs!

BTW... bay area rep
wavey.gif

SagMaria

Have you tried that new mineral powder colourless spf? I wish I could get it but can't as I am in Canada
th_remoteImage-61.gif