mineral makeup help (nc45/50)

makeupgirl

I was just wondering what color some of you nc45/50 use in mineral makeup. I was considering milan minerals and monave. If anybody is using any other good company, please post it. Thanks in advace.

KellyBean

I love Alima but I'm not sure which color would suit you.

I'd reccomend e-mailing the company.
smiles.gif

reesesilverstar

I went to Sephora and ULTA on seperate occassions, and they tried Pur Minerals in a shade that escapes me (at ULTA) and Bare Escentuals (at both stores) on me in Golden Dark(?) However, I didn't like the outcome because,
Pur Minerals looked ashy as hell. and
Bare Escentuals 1. the shade was too dark for me and 2. I looked plastic - Like my skin had a plastic-y-sheen-y weird and down right fake finish to it...

Anyhoo, Bare Escentuals supposedly has expanded into more shades for deeper skintones, and they're now at the mall where I live. So I'm gonna rally and go see what they've got. I'll let you know of my success/failure. lol. Cuz I really hate the trial and error internet buying idea...

But! I'm gonna bump this thread again. C'mon ppl. We need your input!

reesesilverstar

Ok, so I went to the mall yesterday, and the MUA swatched me and apparently I'm a "medium dark" now... LOL!

She didn't do a full face tho, just 3 swipes... Right... So I'm gonna go back to Sephora or ULTA sometime and see if they'd do it there. Cuz the girls are way friendlier... Or maybe I just looked like a plagued bum yesterday so they stayed away... Anyhoo...

I guess I'd have no choice but to dive into the sampling frenzy and see what I come out with. Gonna try Alima, EDM and Milan cuz those seem to be constantly reccommended for deeper skintones.

GoldenGirl

Bumping this up... any luck ladies? I need an alternative to my MAC SFF and Select Tint.. I love ST's coverage but it breaks me out, at the end of the day I've got little tiny bumps all over my face. SOOO not a good look!

I was thinking mineral makeup wouldn't cause breakouts on my ultra sensitive skin since it's supposed to be all natural.

HOneY LuSt

i actually use physicians formulas mineral bronzer(the darkest one)as a foundation. it even outs my skintone perfectly and controls shine on my nose.

reesesilverstar

^^^Really? As in the Physician's Formula at Walgreens?

Well, ULTA expanded their offerings and I've found my shade in Pur Minerals, so I've simmered down with that... Didn't fall into the sampling craze, but I'm still curious and look at stuff on the websites...

melankaya

Oh wow this is an old thread! Did any of you have any luck, ladies? I use studio fix NC45 and its supposed to be bad for my rather dry skin (even though I do moisturize before putting on make up) I found Guerlain 24 works but it is really expensive... Mac mineral makeup leaves me sparkly in the daytime though it is more affordable-ish.... Any suggestions!?