Mineralize eyeshadow?

thegirlgotsoul

My favorite MA @ the MAC store I go to gave me two Mineralize e/s's today. Tres Teal & Whim.

Does anyone know if these are hard to come by or not? I've never seen them before. Thanks!

:p

roxybc

Yeah, they were LE from the Rococo collection. Lately I've seen a bunch pop up on E-Bay and in peoples personal sales and swaps on the MAC boards on the net. I have 2 of them and rarely use them. I don't think they're great. Maybe I just can't apply them properly.
th_confused_new.gif

Shoe Crazy

I have Tres Teal and another I can't recall the name right now and I'm at work so I can't look but its in the pink family. The one who's name I can't remember I'm not crazy for it is soo sheer and doesn't go on well but Tres Teal is one of my favorite Mac colors. I use it quite often I wear it with aquadisiac sometimes and it gives off a cool funky color.

glittergoddess27

Hmm Shoe Crazy sounds like you are talking about Little Madame?? I passed on those shadows,.. I just couldnt get anough excitement and of course they didnt fit with the whole pro palette thing soooo,...

user2

I just wanted to have Tres Teal b/c of the gorgeous look of the ad...and when I got and used it it didnt looky any close to that...
Is it just me or do you have to use amount of it to make it work?

Shoe Crazy

glittergoddess, your right thats exactly what it is.

Vuitton, I do have to build it up to get a good affect which is another reason I try to match it with other colors. You can also use them wet but I don't like how either of them look wet they tend to look too cakey.

Jessica

WOW!!! That's awesome. Out of the 5 that were released with the Rococco line those two are my fav. In case you didn't know (forgive me if you do) they were meant to be worn wet or dry. They are the only shadows formulated by MAC to specifically be worn wet. Sure you can wet any MAC shadow and wear it wet, but some will ruin. These shadows on the other hand were milled specifically for that purpose. Wear them dry for a sheer wash of color or wet for a dramatic 1, 2 punch. If you are looking for any suggestions Mauvism paint on the lid with Whim (dry) in the crease is lovely. Tres teal looks great paired with other blues or greens..
**That's still so cool that the MA gave you those!!!**

P.S. they will tend to look cakey if when you wet your brush and load it with color if 1) your brush is too wet and 2) if you load too much color onto the brush
Then your first swipe or pat with your brush will have this weird cakey strata on your lid (for me it's always in the inner corner of my lid because that's where I typically start to apply my color)
So, try wetting your brush, tapping out excess moisture, and build the color up, instead of trying to deposit the color all at one time

thegirlgotsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
WOW!!! That's awesome. Out of the 5 that were released with the Rococco line those two are my fav. In case you didn't know (forgive me if you do) they were meant to be worn wet or dry. They are the only shadows formulated by MAC to specifically be worn wet. Sure you can wet any MAC shadow and wear it wet, but some will ruin. These shadows on the other hand were milled specifically for that purpose. Wear them dry for a sheer wash of color or wet for a dramatic 1, 2 punch. If you are looking for any suggestions Mauvism paint on the lid with Whim (dry) in the crease is lovely. Tres teal looks great paired with other blues or greens..
**That's still so cool that the MA gave you those!!!**

P.S. they will tend to look cakey if when you wet your brush and load it with color if 1) your brush is too wet and 2) if you load too much color onto the brush
Then your first swipe or pat with your brush will have this weird cakey strata on your lid (for me it's always in the inner corner of my lid because that's where I typically start to apply my color)
So, try wetting your brush, tapping out excess moisture, and build the color up, instead of trying to deposit the color all at one time

AWESOME tips. I had NO idea what they were, and you totally just made it clear to me, so thanks so much! I can't wait to try them out now!!!

:p

user2

yay!! I just tried that with some water I always have some Evain around here (how decadent!) and I was amazed by the transformation of the mineralize...I think I have to have more of them....Tres Teal looks amazing...!!!!

Jillith

These are beginning to pop up at CCOs. I saw tres teal and a couple of others there last week.

Liz

I have all 5 of them. Found 2 at a CCO and the other 3 at a freesatnding store. My counter didn't have them, so when I saw them at the freestadning store, I had to pick them up! I think they are really pretty. I haven't played with them yet, but that's because I haven't been using any MU lately. And I 'm not sure what to pair them with
ssad.gif
I always get stuck on color combos though and tend to use shades in the same color family.
ssad.gif

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
yay!! I just tried that with some water I always have some Evain around here (how decadent!)

Blech, Evian tastes bad. (to me!)

user2

I adore Evian....but I cant handle plain Volvic...(but its nice with orange flavour)

Jessica

for a nice summery glow I love using a light wash of Noble wet on the bare lid w/o any other color
transparent foundation and powder
Trace Gold as bronzer/highlighter and Well-Dressed or Pink Glow lightly on the cheeks finished off with a neutral lip, but not too neutral maybe rio babe or tortilla tan
Spray Fix + and you have a beautiful dewy, I've just been kissed by the sun look

saj20052006

Mineralize

I have Noble, Tres Teal and Aristocrat.

I love these shadows, All but Tres Teal is pretty sheer when applied, but try them wet and they are awesome. They were LE and I heard from my MA that they will be re-released before the year is out

user2

Re: Mineralize

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj20052006
I have Noble, Tres Teal and Aristocrat.

I love these shadows, All but Tres Teal is pretty sheer when applied, but try them wet and they are awesome. They were LE and I heard from my MA that they will be re-released before the year is out

REALLY??? OMG I WOULD BE THE HAPPIEST PERSON!!!!