Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation

Hello everyone! I have been on Specktra for about a year now, and have not seen a thread devoted to mineralize satinsfinish SPF 15 foundation. I did a search for this in the WOC of thread and saw a few references but not an entire thread. (If there is a thread devoted to this, please reference this to me and or move my thread into that one moderators--thank you
smiles.gif
)

Do any of you use this foundation now that it is summer? Do you pair it with the mineralize powder? How do you like it? What shades are you wearing?

I am just curious to hear your thoughts about this foundation and how you are wearing it. Thank you!

TISH1124

I have used it...and I occasionally use it still sometimes...But I didn't use it with Minerailze powder...Not for any specific reason...I just used it with regular blot powder...I do like the formula itself....My only problem with MAC is finding that "Just perfect" shade for my complexion

Rene

I use it. I haven't use it in a while. i don't have a problem with it. i set it with mineralize powder. i love the way it looks. i wear nc50

MAHALO

I really love the dewy look this foundation gives to my normal/slightly dry skin. I use it mostly in the Winter. But occassionally, I wear it during warmer weather too. I don't use the mineralized powder over it just a bit of blush. My winter color is NC45. My summer color is NW43.

Lauren1981

i love mineralize satinfinish. um, i don't wear it often in the summer time because it's rainy season (i'm in ft.laud) and it's very humid right now so it tends to feels heavy and i looks like it's melting off my face. lol.
i normally swith to the mineralize loose powder this time of year. but any other day? i LOVE satinfinish.

tish: you can't find a color with MAC that matches you? i used NC50 for satinfinish and medium deep or deep dark (depends on my tan) in the loose powder and i lucked out on those two because no other brand has a color that matches me. every other brand i've tried makes me look ashy or gray or both. ha!

TISH1124

Thanks....NC50 was a bit too dark for me....I can wear NC45 mixed with NW43 and it works well...Just tired of the mixing....Actually I have been using Colorstay which is a perfect Match and also I went back to MUFE and HD 173 matches me to perfection...I am going to try the MUFE F&B this week it is a lighter coverage for summer....Mat Velvet was too heavy for me

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Thanks....NC50 was a bit too dark for me....I can wear NC45 mixed with NW43 and it works well...Just tired of the mixing....Actually I have been using Colorstay which is a perfect Match and also I went back to MUFE and HD 173 matches me to perfection...I am going to try the MUFE F&B this week it is a lighter coverage for summer....Mat Velvet was too heavy for me

you sound like my mom. she's nc45 in the winter and nw43 in the summer. she doesn't even go in the sun a lot. she'll just wake up one day and nc45 has her looking a slight ashy. ha!

i've been thinking of trying colorstay. i tried matte mousse by maybelline and i LOVE it. it's my drugstore line perfect shade
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127

Tish, I started this thread because I also have a problem with finding the right shade in any of Mac products other than Studio Fix Powder C7--C7 matches me perfectly and mineralized skinfinish natural in medium deep also matches. But, in liquids I can mix NC45 and NC50 together to get the right shade but it gets expensive to mix. I want to try mineralize satinfinish foundation but NC50 oxidizes on me to an orange color! I will most likely go back to the counter to see if NW43 may work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren1981
you sound like my mom. she's nc45 in the winter and nw43 in the summer. she doesn't even go in the sun a lot. she'll just wake up one day and nc45 has her looking a slight ashy. ha!

i've been thinking of trying colorstay. i tried matte mousse by maybelline and i LOVE it. it's my drugstore line perfect shade
winks.gif

Lauren1981, what shade do you use in matte mousse by maybelline? What shade do you use in MAC? I appreciate what you said about your Mom having to change foundations--in the past I have had to change to a NW43 for the summer months. I am not a true NC45 but if I mix NC45 with NC50 I have a good match most of the year since summer is not too long in Chicago.

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly_6978
Tish, I started this thread because I also have a problem with finding the right shade in any of Mac products other than Studio Fix Powder C7--C7 matches me perfectly and mineralized skinfinish natural in medium deep also matches. But, in liquids I can mix NC45 and NC50 together to get the right shade but it gets expensive to mix. I want to try mineralize satinfinish foundation but NC50 oxidizes on me to an orange color! I will most likely go back to the counter to see if NW43 may work.

have you tried the loose powder in deep dark????
i think the reason nc50 works so perfect for me is because i have a lot of red in my skin anyway. i've heard that orange thing before tho. i wonder why that happens....

Quote:
have you tried the loose powder in deep dark????
i think the reason nc50 works so perfect for me is because i have a lot of red in my skin anyway. i've heard that orange thing before tho. i wonder why that happens....

Lauren1981, deep dark powder is too dark for my complexion--it would oxidize more with me. But, I will use your same logic and try the msn in medium deep with the NC50 and see what happens. Thank you so much
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Colorstay in Caramel is my DS foundation of choice I love it.....and to be honest it is almost identical to MUFE 173 I put them both on my hands and could not tell the difference. Mind you this is a big dea for me because I have never worn DS foundation...but it is awesome

Lauren1981

Quote:
Lauren1981, what shade do you use in matte mousse by maybelline? What shade do you use in MAC? I appreciate what you said about your Mom having to change foundations--in the past I have had to change to a NW43 for the summer months. I am not a true NC45 but if I mix NC45 with NC50 I have a good match most of the year since summer is not too long in Chicago.

ummmmmmmmmmmm, i REALLY can't remember but i will def look tonight for you. a BIG part of me wants to say caramel. it was $9 and buy one get one free at wal-greens (couple of months back) and that's the only reason i picked it up because if it sucked, it was only $9 but if i love it, now i've got two bottles of it
tong.gif

you look/sound like we are very close in color which is why i was surprised when you said nc50 doesn't work too well for you. which nc50 are you using? studio fix?

Lauren1981

i didn't answer the whole question. lol.
in mineralize satinfinish i wear NC50, in the loose powder i use medium deep, and bronzer i use deep dark because it's really close/similar (as far as being more red) to NC50.

MAHALO

Quote:
Lauren1981, deep dark powder is too dark for my complexion--it would oxidize more with me. But, I will use your same logic and try the msn in medium deep with the NC50 and see what happens. Thank you so much
smiles.gif

If you can't find a good powder match in MAC, try Bobbi Brown Powder in Basic Brown. It's sheer so it suits a range of brown skintones. There are two formulations. One is recommended for oily skin and sheer application.

elongreach

Satinfinish was my go to foundation for over a year until Studio Sculpt came. I still use it, but not as much. Usually when I haven't cleaned my brushes and my 187 is available
smiles.gif
. I would used MSF Natural over it, but it was turning my face orange. So I use very little of the it when I where it now. Then I use another powder, invisible set or something like that.

Quote:
i didn't answer the whole question. lol.
in mineralize satinfinish i wear NC50, in the loose powder i use medium deep, and bronzer i use deep dark because it's really close/similar (as far as being more red) to NC50.

Lauren, I use the following in Mac products:

Studio Fix Powder C7 (the best match)
Studio Fix Fluid NC50 mixed with a bit of Nc45
Mineralized Skinfinish Natural Medium Deep (Dark and Deep Dark Oxidize on me)

I want to try mineralize satinfiish foundation but NC50 turned orange on me--I am going to go to the counter when I have time to get re-matched in that particular foundation. I have yellow undertones in my skin with not a lot of red. I hope that gets at what I use. Thank you again for your help and suggestions, if you want to check out my skin tone, click on my avatar pic.

makeuplover7239

I wear NC50 in the Satinfinish every day. Initially I used to set it with Dark MSF and I tend to look too orangey and extremely tanned. So I switched my MSF to Medium Deep and it has worked out perfectly ( at least for now). I'm hoping the summer doesnt change my coloring too much, requiring me to get matched all over again!!
smiles.gif

Sweexy985

Kinda OT, but does anyone know the shelf life of the satinfinish liquid foundation? I've had mine for just about a year and I *gasp* still use it. Am I wrong for using it for so long? I still have a LOT left!

I'm NC42 in the satinfinish liquid, but I also mix it with the dream liquid mousse by Maybeline in Honey Beige. It comes out exactly right that way.