Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation

makeuplover7239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweexy985
Kinda OT, but does anyone know the shelf life of the satinfinish liquid foundation? I've had mine for just about a year and I *gasp* still use it. Am I wrong for using it for so long? I still have a LOT left!

I'm NC42 in the satinfinish liquid, but I also mix it with the dream liquid mousse by Maybeline in Honey Beige. It comes out exactly right that way.

To be quite honest, my first bottle of Satinifinish lasted for almost 2 yrs! it didnt go bad or anything. I wasnt using it every day.

So see if the consistency has changed or it smellsfunky. If not, go ahead and use it. But that's my 2 cents:p

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly_6978
Lauren, I use the following in Mac products:

Studio Fix Powder C7 (the best match)
Studio Fix Fluid NC50 mixed with a bit of Nc45
Mineralized Skinfinish Natural Medium Deep (Dark and Deep Dark Oxidize on me)

I want to try mineralize satinfiish foundation but NC50 turned orange on me--I am going to go to the counter when I have time to get re-matched in that particular foundation. I have yellow undertones in my skin with not a lot of red. I hope that gets at what I use. Thank you again for your help and suggestions, if you want to check out my skin tone, click on my avatar pic.

okay, then that's why (having yellow undertones) that happens. i can understand that. well, that maybelline matte mousse? i REALLY feel that might work for you because it's not as red as NC50 but like i said we seem to be about the same color so since you have more yellow it should suit you also.
it was matte mousse: airbrush finish in Caramel and then next to "caramel" it says "Dark 2"
see how that works for you. i was a little skep about it at first because it looks similar to this color from l'oreal true match i used to try but NONE of l'oreal's colors match me because i have too much red.
if you try it, let me know how it works for you!

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeuplover7239
To be quite honest, my first bottle of Satinifinish lasted for almost 2 yrs! it didnt go bad or anything. I wasnt using it every day.

So see if the consistency has changed or it smellsfunky. If not, go ahead and use it. But that's my 2 cents:p

wow you have me beat with the 2 yrs. lol! but i agree. the bottle i still use now is one that i bought last summer and i just shake it a little and it still goes on like how it did when i got it last year. it doesn't look crazy or anything

elongreach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweexy985
Kinda OT, but does anyone know the shelf life of the satinfinish liquid foundation? I've had mine for just about a year and I *gasp* still use it. Am I wrong for using it for so long? I still have a LOT left!

I'm NC42 in the satinfinish liquid, but I also mix it with the dream liquid mousse by Maybeline in Honey Beige. It comes out exactly right that way.

You should be fine. As long as the consistency hasn't changed or there is no smell. I've had my Satinfinish since Feb 2008 and I still have slightly under half a bottle left. I'm still using it.

TISH1124

Shelf life for liquids is 3 years....But I normally go by the smell and texture...it may last longer

juicychic

I use this foundation in nw43
and I have really dry skin in the winter/not so dry skin in the summer
I also set it with MSFN in Dark and it looks pretty.
I'll have to wait for the winter to see if I'm a NC45 like alot of the other girls are saying.

Also I wanna try the Revlon Colorstay Foundation but don't know what color..

Hi Ladies! I usually don't sell alot of MSF liquid to WOC @ my counter simply because a good number of WOC (esp us blk women) are oily. I'm an oily NC45/50 and the last thing I want is the satin finish from MSF liquid. It's really pretty on younger, drier skin but not for the oily girls. I LOVE the MSF Natural powder though! I use dark and it makes me look caramel & sunkissed
smiles.gif

Lapis

I HATED this foundation, turned orange on me!
Had me looking like an oil slick, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Susanne

I really like to wear this foundation in NC 30 in summer. It has a lighter texture than Studio Fix Fluid and has a little sheen in it. I prefer wearing Blot Powder Loose in Medium Dark over it.

myzleelee

I LUV LUV LUV THIS FOUNDATION!!! im nw45 w/dry skin. it give a hint of dewy-ness, but not shiny. and most of all it does not CONTRIBUTE to dry skin. it doesn't streak, and it moisturizes..... i luv it!