Mini Sets

roxybc

So there is a thread about the mini sets (now a closed thread), and why they weren't in stores. The thread said that they were available online on Nov 9th, but won't be instores until Nov 16th, but when I called my store yesterday, they had all of the mini sets out, so I bought the cool lipglass set. Was this a mistake on their part, or did they actually come out on the 9th like I had origionally thought they were supposed to? I have been looking in the hauls section, and no one has posted a haul with the mini pigment or lipglass sets, so I'm a little confused.:confused:

aerials

Some stores just get them earlier. I got my set in October and asked the MA how come they have them already when the official date for the release was November... she said that the store was just super lucky and they just happened to get everything in really early. I guess it's just luck and chance!

girlstar

I'm not sure about the lipglass sets, but my counter has the shadestick and lipgelees available.. and not the pigments until next week
ssad.gif
I want my pigments!

SARAHluvsMAC

there was a huge confusion on this... there was an emil sent out yesterday to all stores saying they should all be out by the 9th, but im sure some stores will differ because the communication from corporate on this was not so good

roxybc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHluvsMAC
there was a huge confusion on this...

Yeah, from both corporate and consumers!!!!

the Shadesticks and the lipgelees came out on Oct 19th (IIRC) so I picked those up ages ago. I almost didn't bother calling about the lipglass and pigment sets cuz of what another thread said about them not being released until next week, but I thought I might try my luck, and I'm glad I did, cuz if I waited another week, there probably wouldn't be any left!!!

DaizyDeath

according to the manager at the dallas pro store who showed me the pigment sets the pigments arent supposta be out untill the 15th
the shadesticks had an earlier release date

Ethel

How big are these mini vials compared to a full sized pigment? I'm wondering if I should skip the minis and just invest in full sized.

DaizyDeath

yeah their really good size i own alot of full size pigments and i swear to god the full size containers can last for a lifetime and thats not an overexageration. The mini pigment vials are preety big if you used the pigment everyday which your probably wouldnt it should last you atleast 2 years IMO

Heres the Break Down:

For 30.00 [im rounding up for the sake of my math skills haha]
you get 5 2.5g vials

So your basically paying 6.00$ per vial

And your getting the ammount of around 1 1/2 full size pigments
which are 7.5g in weight

A full size pigment costs 20.00$ [again rounding up]
So it would equate to around 30.00$ for 1 and 1/2 full size pigment

Basically there is no price difference if your looking soley by the ammount of product you get by the set vs. full jar

The only thing that is a great factor about the sets is that your not just getting one huge pigment that youll never use all of your getting 5 that youll never use! [haha kidding]

Although if you take in account some of the colors in the set probably wouldnt be to your personal preference of color choice/texture its just a matter of opinion if sets are worth the money or not so basically all the math that i did meant nothing hahaha.

meagannn

the mini sets at the amarillo counter have been out for weeks. I didn't even realize that the dates online didn't match untill a couple days ago. haha
smiles.gif

Caderas

i heard everyone saying they came out on the 9th, and i was so excited this last weekend to go get a set! then i called a few days in advance and they said it was actually the 16th! it was a little depressing, but more excitement build-up too!

DaizyDeath

i got both of the pigment sets today at the mac store in willow bend mall at plano
i asked the guy about the dates and how the manager at the pro store told me they werent supposta be out yet he said he had put them out 5 days ago and sold 10 then he manager got all paniced and told him to put them back and then she came back and so oooh never mind their supposta be out it was just a mistake.

So yeah i think it was just bad communication between mac and all the stores/counters