Mixing Fluidlines ?

So I went to my CCO with the intention of buying Royal Wink Fluidline (bright royal blue). I asked the SA to get it for me and I didnt realize until I got home, but she gave me the wrong color!! She gave me Waveline (eggplanty navy blue). After I got over my
angry.gif
, I realized waveline is kind of pretty also and more wearable. Still, I really loved the color of Royal Wink and am considering going back to exchange it still.

I was wondering, would it be possible to mix a small amount of 2 fluidlines together to create a new color or would they get all gunky and gross?? IE: Royal Wink and Blitz and Glitz. Has anyone ever tried this to tone down a crazy color??

Thanks for any suggestions/help!
winks.gif

gigglegirl

oh wow, Ive never tried but that sounds cool! I only have Rich Ground and Blitz and Glitz so nothing crazy, but if I were you, I'd take a little plastic tool or something that you could take a bit of each fluidline, mix it up on a piece of plastic lid or in a sample jar and use your brush to apply it from there. If that works, please let us know and I'd think I'd get a "crazier" colour too to know that it'd be versatile!

MACATTAK

Never tried it, but I think it would work. Especially since they have the same consistency. Let us know if you try it
smiles.gif

makeba

amazing, i just tried this out today. i didnt mix the two together in a bowl but on the lid itself. i first used royal wink and then used waveline over it gently and it came out very nice. its a very mystious blue that i cant describe but i really like it. waveline is a beautiful color.

gigglegirl

Thanks Makeba! I had wondered, b/c I know I've tried with paintpots and they do not mix....like at all!