Mixing Liquid Foundations

ATLDiva76

What are some good techniques for mixing two different liquid foundations?

I currently wear NW47 in MAC's Studio Fix Fluid foundation however, when I tried out the Revlon Colorstay foundations I found that none of the shades available from Cappuccino on down were a perfect match. Either they were too red, too yellow or simply too dark. My current mixing techniques have been off the mark as well.

Please help if you can!

Strawberrymold

For me it's just a trial and error process. I have to mix my foundation as well. I just took home a lot of samples before I found something that worked (I felt bad returning product to the stores).
If you have a Perscriptives counter near you they can mix a custom foundation for you. Other than that you could set up a consultation at a MAC or Sephora and have one of the MUA's there help you.

dmcgeo

I haven't tried this (but plan to as I move into summer shades) but I heard that it works well to put your shades on the back of a dvd/cd and mix them there. Apparently they are easy to clean as well.
Today I mixed some MUFE HD and Revlon Colorstay and just did it on the back of my hand, but I think a CD would work better because of how my hand absorbs the two products differently. Hope that helps!

jazmatazz

I put both shades on the back of my hand and then mix it with a toothpick or spatula. I've heard of using a CD or a mixing pan (can't remember the exact name but it's almost like a petri dish lol). One clean hands it's easy to do but I guess your hand could end up absorbing some of the product.

I like to add some liquid luminizer to my foundation sometimes for an added glow
smiles.gif