Mixing Medium...

Tai

If I'm correct, mixing mediums are MAC pro products. It seems as if they're often used for pigments but I'm sure they have other uses. I haven't ventured to the pro side of MAC just yet but I'm sure another user will chime in with more useful info.

MiCHiE

Mixing Mediums are kinda like "MAC middle men". They come in gel and liquid formulas and are used with different products (shadows, pigments, foundations) to create desired effects. Many of us use the Water Based to help our pigments adhere and last throughout the day or the Eyeliner Mixing Medium can be used with pigments and shadows to turn either of these products into liners.

SARAHluvsMAC

Tai is right... you can use them to mix with other products, such as pigments or shadows to intensify the color, help adhere to the skin, and aid with blendability, etc.

Mixing Medium is most popularly used with pigments, it is a pro product, however a good dupe for it is EZR, which you still might be able to find at regular locations

lacor

Ezr

What can EZR be used for? I am thinking about picking some up at the pro store to use with glitters but wasn't really sure of it's uses/purpose.

stellarx1587

Re: Ezr

In response to the 2nd post, EZR is an eye gel. Its supposed to help de-puff and firm the skin around the eye area. To be honest... I don't notice any difference!

In re: to the original post, it makes an AWESOME adhesive for MAC glitters. When it dries its tacky so it holds pretty well, but won't be sticky or uncomfortable. Totally worth it IMO.

lara

Please take the time to do a search - there have been many discussions about the various uses of EZR that can provide you with all the information you need.

OnaFyre

EZR is only availible from the pro site now. I don't even think you can call to order it.

roxybc

Help: Is MAC's Lash mixing medium the same thing as the Eye Liner mixing medium? r/o

I called the MAC Pro store yesterday and asked what the best mixing medium was to adhere glitter to eye lids with, and she said the Eye Liner Mixing Medium. I got her to put it on hold so my mom could just walk in and get it. I got it today and the box says Lash Mixing Medium on it. I didn't know there was such a thing. It looks like a white-ish colored gel. Will it work the same?

MsButterfli

Re: Help: Is MAC's Lash mixing medium the same thing as the Eye Liner mixing medium? r/o

wow never heard of that u probably wanted the water based mixing medium. u didnt by chance get lash prep+prime did u?

lara

Re: Help: Is MAC's Lash mixing medium the same thing as the Eye Liner mixing medium? r/o

Lash Mixing Medium - http://macpro.com/templates/products..._ID=PROD7 798

They're totally different things, and they won't work the same. If you put the lash mixing medium on your lids, it would crumble and flake once it dried.

Hang onto the lash mixing medium though, it's fun to make you own coloured mascaras with it.
smiles.gif

roxybc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Hang onto the lash mixing medium though, it's fun to make you own coloured mascaras with it.
smiles.gif

Thanks. I actually tried it out tonight. I figured I might as well test it, since if I was to return it they wouldn't be able to sell it either way. I mixed a bit of the lash m/m with a bit of corn flower pigment and wasn't very impressed with the color or the texture. I already have navy, teal and purple mascaras. Those are really the only colors I think I would want.

The girl at the Pro store said that I could return it to a free standing store and get my money back, but I won't be able to be the eye liner mixing medium there. I'm trying to get them to ship it to me free of charge becuase it was their screw up. (I'll pay for the e/l m/m, but not the shipping & then get my $ back for the lash m/m at the free standing store)

**If anyone has any pics of them using the lash mixing medium with pigments or glitters would you mind posting them?

Thanks!
wavey.gif

bebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybc
Thanks. I actually tried it out tonight. I figured I might as well test it, since if I was to return it they wouldn't be able to sell it either way. I mixed a bit of the lash m/m with a bit of corn flower pigment and wasn't very impressed with the color or the texture. I already have navy, teal and purple mascaras. Those are really the only colors I think I would want.

The girl at the Pro store said that I could return it to a free standing store and get my money back, but I won't be able to be the eye liner mixing medium there. I'm trying to get them to ship it to me free of charge becuase it was their screw up. (I'll pay for the e/l m/m, but not the shipping & then get my $ back for the lash m/m at the free standing store)

**If anyone has any pics of them using the lash mixing medium with pigments or glitters would you mind posting them?

Thanks!
wavey.gif

I have both and actully find I use the lash mixing medium as a primer instead of mixing color into it because I've found that it just doesnt look good or right as you have found out.

however I CAN NOT use the eyeliner mixing medium near my eyes it burns and makes my eyes water like no other!
weeping.gif
:confused: (that and it doesnt blend well) you might have better luck but from the people I've talked with they say thats pretty much the normal reaction and I've gotten that just normal water based mixing medium will hold the glitter on just fine, I've used that a few times and with another base to stick to after thats dried its works fine (other base shade stick or paint or ccb)

however good luck with all that they problably wont bend on the shipping very quicky if at all and be prepared to growl it out at the mac store when returning the other one.. I've only returned 2 pro items there and I've gotten a very hard time from them for doing so.(call the pro store before hand and get their ok, and back up and write down the name of the person you talked to because both times I did it they called there to ask them a million questions before returning)

anywho good luck!

Marcita

Any return to a store goes against their sales so they are extremely reluctant to return something they didn't sell.

2006maria

Re: pigments and mixing medium

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2LUCKY
It doesn't dry up before you get the pigment on the lid?

Could someone answer this question? I'm so interested too
hmm.gif

ambidextrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Concealer brush.

This one is discontinued, isn't it? I was already wondering about the only concealer brush from MAC I've ever seen, since I couldn't find it on the website recently

user79

I have tried that before but I didn't think it worked that well. Mixing medium isn't meant to be a base, it's meant to change the consistency of powders to liquids. By just applying it to the lid, it's essentially useless, imho. I dunno, I'm not a huge fan of the mixing medium anyway, even the water soluable one stings my eyelids and it makes the pigments virtually unblendable.

User49

Mac Pigment Medium and Mixer? Explain... ???

hmm.gif
Hi all. Just a dumb questions really! I have heard so much fuss about mac mixing medium... is this for pigments? Does it make them stronger? Or easier to use as a liquid liner?

Thanks!