Mixing Medium...

Sanne

I have a great one too: mix some deckchair with white gold, it gives a clor that's a little lighter than deckchair and it refects green...gorgeous!

AlliSwan

I love mixing mine...I almost always add a bit of the discontinued frosty white pigment to matte samples because they're so hard for me to work with. They still end up looking pretty matte on me, just easier to blend and a bit paler.

litlaur

I haven't actually mixed pigments, but did mix a broken (then crushed by me) Velvet Moss into a bit of Golden Olive. It's a deeper, greener color.

Neophyte

Mixing Medium

I just picked a bottle of mixing medium from the pro store in Montreal today. I am having so much fun with it and my pigments! a Does anyone have pics of different shades they've created or looks with the mixing medium?

jess98765

Fix + as mixing medium??

Does anyone know whether you can use it to mix pigments together?? is it eye safe??

user2

I don't know if it's eye safe but I used it a couple of times before I got my Mixing! I didn't use it with pigments but with e/s and it worked great! I used my Parrot as a liner and it lasted a whole day!

jess98765

oooo, thaks VV, i may just try using some tongiht
smiles.gif
Hope i can still see tomorrow!

caffn8me

The M·A·C trainer who ran the first M·A·C Professional Makeup Artistry course demonstrated the use of Fix+ as a mixing medium with an eyeshadow to use as an eyeliner. I think that counts as an official endorsement
smiles.gif

Sanne

I used to mix it with my eyebrow-shadow, and it lasted pretty good!!! I also mixed it with green pigment once, and that one really brightens up when when I used it wet.

Sushi_Flower

I have Fix+ and used it to make Studio tech foundation apply like a dream over mattyfying lotion but now that i'm planning to get powder foundation i thought it was going to lay unused so this is a great idea! I've tried to do it before but i don't think i used enough. how do you use it? Spray on to a brush? I suspect it'll mostly go everywhere except the brush! How similar does it act to mixing medium?

caffn8me

The technique the M·A·C trainer demonstrated was to squirt some Fix+ into the little clear plastic spray button cover that comes with the Fix+ and dip his brush into that before using the brush on the product.

tiramisu

oh this is great to know!! I love Fix+ anyway and will be trying this out. Thanks for posting

Sushi_Flower

I've never used mixing medium so how different does Fix+ act when used in the same way? Does it give similar results or very different results/textures?

jess98765

i tried the pigments with Fix+ the other night and its so much better than water (which was what i used before). The only problem i had with it is that i kinda got some tingly and irritating feeling after use. Also after a while my lids started to get really dry- maybe putting on a base might be better i guess. Thanks for all your help girlies!

Jude

Fix + with everything is my little mantra. It is the most awesome-est thing ever...haha. I shoot a little spray onto my brush when I want to punch up the color but not necessarily foil the shadows. I totally recommend it, you will find so many uses for it that the price is completely worth it.
smiles.gif

Latest posts