Mixing pigments into nailpolishes?

Selene

Has anyone ever done this? I tried to make a frosty lavender pink nailpolish by mixing some MAC Kitschmas into a mini bottle of clear nailpolish, but I really had to shake the bottle because the pigment powder sank to the bootom. Even then it did not really blend properly. The color was nice, though. Does it help to have those two little round balls in the nail polish bottle, so the pigment can be mixed in better? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

pr1nces583

i think it would help to mix it better. id like to try making one with teal but i dont know whether it would work or not.

CincyFan

I've seen quite a few girls use pigment to make polish on MUA's nail board. I tried it with pigment and glitter and added WAY too much glitter. Didn't work out so well. It was very bumpy. Blech!

I think getting some ball bearings as mixing balls would help a lot.

Someone used a silver metal pigment in a bottle of Milani Black Magic to dupe the HTF Chanel Black Satin. She said to make sure it's a metal pigment and not a frost.

pumpkincat210

I've made lots of colors. But my favorite was Blue Brown. Yeah you have to roll them around in your hand for a bit to mix the color if its been sitting for awhile.

flowerhead

I usually just buff the pigment onto my fingernail and paint over it with overlaquer. Pigments adhere to nails really well.