MOH m/u

euphrosyne_rose

Hey ladies!!
I am MOH in my best friend's wedding next month so it's getting close! Her uncle, who used to work for MAC, will be doing our m/u for the big day free of charge but he had one request: that we each bring our own foundation. Now, I'm usually a tinted moisturizer or powder foundation type of girl but I understand the need for a good foundation since we'll be doing pictures, mingling, dancing, etc and we want it to last through the night. I know my usual TM isn't going to cut it. I was hoping for some recs on foundations you ladies might have tried or use currently. As of right now, I've got mild dry skin that only gets the slightest bit oily in the t-zone, depending on how the weather is during the day. I'm in Louisiana with plenty of humidity, even during cold weather and February is usually our coldest month. We do, however, have spurts of random warm weather throughout our winters. I do occasionally have sensitive skin as well.

We'll be getting our hair and m/u done around 4-4:40 pm with the wedding due to start at 7pm. I didn't talk to him, but he didn't really give any suggestions as to any particular brand, just whatever we liked best or were most comfortable with. Any suggestion would be welcome! I'll probably be going this weekend to try and find something. I'd also like something that isn't too heavy that would be comfortable for days when I decide to wear a little something extra. Thanks!!

ElvenEyes

Congrats on being MOH! My favourite go-to liquid foundation is Lucidity, by Estee Lauder. It is neither too heavy nor too light, and as I am a NW15, their Pale Ivory is a perfect match for me. I believe they have quite a range and I have sensitive skin, but have never broken out from this foundation, as opposed to some other brands. I have dry skin, but this is very smooth to put on and finishes a bit soft like powder. I am sure the website would explain it better. Anyhow, if you are near an Estee Lauder counter, it wouldn't hurt to check it out! Have a wonderful time at the wedding!!

myluckypenny

Make Up For Ever's HD foundation looks GORGEOUS in photos. I was a bridesmaid for my friend's wedding, and to save her time and $, I did her entire bridal party's makeup. The photos turned out fantastic, and if you get a little shine, the HD powder is a quick and easy fix, and I promise you that you'll absolutely love it.

myluckypenny

ps: it's a med. coverage foundation and it wears light like a tinted moisturizer, so you won't feel self conscious about having a bunch of product on your face. =)