More on CultureBloom. Help needed please!

Turbokittykat

Culturebloom is out here on Thursday, and I haven't seen any of it in the flesh yet. I know it's already old news to most of you, but I really need some help, please
smiles.gif

I'm planning on getting at least 5 of the 6 eyeshadows, but are any of them so great I should be considering getting a backup? I'm leaning towards getting backups of Iris Print and Love Bud. I considered getting a backup of Overgrown, but I don't wear greens that often and am not sure. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Also, I'm considering buying both Flowerosophy and Petal Pusher, but I'm concerned they may be too close either to colours I have already or to other permanent colours. I've listed the lustreglasses I own below and I also have a large number of lipglasses. I shouldn't really be buying any more lip colours unless they're really unique, so I'm looking for a reason not to get these two. I've been told that one of the colours is similar to a current lustreglass mixed with a current lipglass, but that's too much of a faff for me. If neither are similar to permanent colours, I'll get both. So, are either Flowerosophy or Petal Pusher similar to lutreglasses I own or to any other permanent lustreglass? Please, give me a reason not to buy them!

My lustreglass collection: Angelwing, Beaux, Flashmode, Flusterose, Garden, Love Nectar, Luminary, Morning Glory, Opal, Palatial, Pinkerat, Springbean, Star Nova, Wonderstruck

midnightlouise

I would definitely consider a backup of Iris Print. It's such a beautiful, unique color! Lovebud is similar enough to other oranges that you probably don't need a backup, but it is worth getting 1 of. (here's my comparison swatch http://specktra.net/forum/gallery/sh...hp?i=3697&c=25)
Overgrown is really pretty, but if you don't wear greens much you wouldn't need a backup. I'd probably buy one of each shadow but Iris Print, and I'd get 2 of it.
greengrin.gif

As for Petal Pusher and Flowerosophy, if you have all those other lustreglasses you wouldn't need these two. You might want to look at Budding, though, it's gorgeous!

Turbokittykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by panties
i still think you need a backup of overgrown. >;D

You and greens...
th_rolleye0014.gif
It's a sickness. You need help!
winks.gif

panties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokittykat
You and greens...
th_rolleye0014.gif
It's a sickness. You need help!
winks.gif

LOL =(

greens are awesome. ;D

i heard people mentioning that love-bud is similar to dbohemia e/s, i don't know if that's true, but it's worth looking at to see if they really are that similar...

MACmermaid

hi...i agree w/ above - check out budding. it is a gorgeous color and the most unlike any existing lipglass (of the ones in this collection). the other 2 are pretty similar to ones you already have. for me the lighter color lustreglasses all end up looking pretty much the same, so i try to save money by not buying so many of them.

for me none of the shadows are "backup worthy"...except maybe iris print b/c as noted above it is a pretty unique color. but then again it's probably not something i would use frequently enough to ever use up...and if i did by then something better/different will probably have come along. i have eyeshadow attention deficit disorder though so maybe my opinion is biased
smiles.gif

people seem to love overgrown, but i passed on that b/c i have bitter (TRYING to save money where i can ha ha). i think overgown is better though b/c of its texture and yellow/gold flecks. but again, probably not something you would need 2 of...

lovebud is pretty but i found it to be not very pigmented (stupid lustres), so i'm not sure about needing a backup of that. people seem to love it though, so it might just be me. i don't think it's SO unique/great that you would need a backup. i think one is enough.

anyway, just my 2 cents on culturebloom. happy shopping on thursday!

user4

budding is AWSOME!!! the other two seem so similar to other things... they're just shimmery pinks... budding is hot though!!!

ruby_soho

I wouldn't get a backup of Iris Print. It is such a pretty colour, but it's sooo hard to work with. It goes on like grey chalk unless I scrape it and mix it with medium and layer and layer it. Try it, maybe it'll work better for you - but I wouldn't buy a backup of it right away. Petal Pusher is such a pretty lusterglass, and it's makes an awesome combo with Fresh Buzz.

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by panties
i heard people mentioning that love-bud is similar to dbohemia e/s, i don't know if that's true, but it's worth looking at to see if they really are that similar...

It seems closer to Orange Tangent to me, and the texture is horrible.

BlahWah

I bought Budding b/c I mostly have safe, neutral lip colours, and I'm so glad I did! It goes on sheer but you can layer it up, perks up my somewhat pigmented lips when I'm in a rush, and gives interesting oomph on top of Body Suit (though I haven't tried it in awhile, and "interesting" may be "awful" next time I do it!). If I can, I'll get a back up of Budding.
smiles.gif

liquidsirenhoney

budding is gorgeous.
i don't know if i would buy back-ups for any of them....iris print comes out greyish purple on me it's gorgeous in the pot, but i think i just maybe having bad luck. i think lavender sky is close to stars n rockets, but most people don't agree but they look almost identical on me. i really like love bud but i like lustres and don't seem to have problems with them so i think that color is a must.

MAC_Pixie04

overgrown looks just like bitter.

i loooove budding, and you should get your hands on culturebloom lipstick if you like red. it's not too red, it's got a pinkiness to it i really like it.

Turbokittykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_willb
didnt u see judes swatches of culturebloom?

Yes, I did, and they're very pretty, but they show just one product at a time and given the fact that different cameras and lighting show the same colour differently, and different monitors display colours differently, they can't really be used to do comparisons. Bear in mind that I have a huge MAC collection, bordering on insanely sized, and that the fact something is pretty is alone no longer a good enough reason to buy it. I have to make sure it's not too similar to something I already have. As I'm not able to go and see the collection and carry out comparisons in person yet, I'm trying to get a head-start to help me plan what I'm going to spend. I'm not working at the moment and money is tight so having a workable budget is essential right now.

I have seen a few comparison photos for the eye shadows, but they only compared each colour to maybe 3 or 4 colours and, in the most part, didn't really help me judge uniqueness. I haven't seen any comparison photos of the lustreglasses or blushcremes.

joytheobscure

I do like iris print and spring up, I also love Poppy hop and both the blushcremes, I think overall out of this collection I will use the blushcreme the most. Iris print - I was not going to get this until I tried it and seen that it is not just another purple shade.

Trax

I bought pretty much the whole collection except for Botanical and Lavendar Sky and the eyeliner and some lipsticks. I have enough browns and Lavendar Sky is just like Stars N Rockets, but not as eye catching or vibrant, so it wasn't worth it to me. The blushcremes I love and these are my first 2 blushcremes, they both have a shimmer to them and they're just gorgeous! I also got Awaken and Fresh Buzz l/s and Flowerosophy, Petal Pusher, and Budding l/g... IMO Flowerosophy is very similar to Love Nectar but w/o the sparkles (I tried both on lips and hands) but Flowerosophy looks great over Awaken with Sublime Culture l/l and Petal Pusher looks great over Fresh Buzz with Smoothberry l/l. And Budding is just fabulous!!
smiles.gif