Most cliche'd day at MAC ever?

Kirsty

Best thread ever
lol.gif

Hennys

I HATE it when a customer walks up for an appointment and when I say we are booked they don't believe me.

They then proceed to look over the counter at our daily sheet and say "Let me see!".

Really? No, really? Why do people feel so entitled to get whatever they want, when they want it?

It takes a lot of strength to get walked on all day.

ms.marymac

^Like the woman who rolled in demanding a product in front of two people who were waiting/being helped last night? And when she was told one of us would be happy to get it as soon as someone was free stormed out? Gosh, 1 minute is such a long time to wait for mascara, the NERVE!

x0besoz

LOVE THIS THREAD BTW!

last night i was at my counter and i see a customer approaching so as im walking over i see her pick up a q-tip swirl it in her mouth and swatch a lipstick seriously is that necessary ??? i'm skeeved out but i still say WELCOME TO LANCOME, CAN I HELP YOU FIND A LIPSTICK??? she looks at me and screams YOU HAVE A PROBLEM so i reply NO I'M JUST HERE TO HELP YOU so she throws her nasty germ infested q-tip on my counter and walks away screaming YOU HAVE A PROBLEM seriously wow ...

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0besoz
LOVE THIS THREAD BTW!

last night i was at my counter and i see a customer approaching so as im walking over i see her pick up a q-tip swirl it in her mouth and swatch a lipstick seriously is that necessary ??? i'm skeeved out but i still say WELCOME TO LANCOME, CAN I HELP YOU FIND A LIPSTICK??? she looks at me and screams YOU HAVE A PROBLEM so i reply NO I'M JUST HERE TO HELP YOU so she throws her nasty germ infested q-tip on my counter and walks away screaming YOU HAVE A PROBLEM seriously wow ...

th_LMAO.gif

User67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennys
I HATE it when a customer walks up for an appointment and when I say we are booked they don't believe me.

They then proceed to look over the counter at our daily sheet and say "Let me see!".

Really? No, really? Why do people feel so entitled to get whatever they want, when they want it?

It takes a lot of strength to get walked on all day.

I hate it when people come to make an appointment & they are trying to be all up in my appointment book. And then when I hold it closer to me they come closer so they can still see in it. We don't let people look into our appointment book because we have actually had people take numbers from it, then call & cancel people's appointments, so that they can get their spot. I feel like telling them to back the hell up LOL! Or when you tell what times we have available & they try to look into the book like they don't believe me, what would I get out of lying to you lol?

x0besoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brie
I get this , i work in Spar (shop). Seriously WTF i don't exactly have the spare cash to go into *insert make up counter here* everyday to get my make up done for work?????
seriousy did you just suggest that?!?, lol

ughhhh i get this all the time!!!! and when i say i do it myself some people are like your young thats why??? wth! that makes me so mad i have to walk away asap

kippeydale

I didn't work for MAC, but I worked for Lancome. I was always amazed at the women who would come in to pick up their foundation but never, ever, ever know the name of it. They would claim to wear it for years, but could not remember the type or color. I was always thinking...do they NEVER read the bottle? Then, they would get mad if I didn't just KNOW "their color"---then, when I would match them, they would claim NOTHING looked right. Typically, they would finally buy a foundation, but refuse to let me put their name and color on file so we could avoid this same type of episode in the future.
Then, I had lots of people whom I would help with skincare, foundation, colors, etc...only to announce that they weren't going to buy anything from me, but instead pick those products up when they go to the Lancome outlet at the Lake...and could I write down the names of those products?
Or the elderly women who looked like they smudged red clay dirt on their faces. I'm not talking about a "mask-like" appearance...I'm saying just random smudges all over their faces as though they were trying to spot conceal. I had a customer who was quite fair (as in she should wear one of the lightest available shades), but insisted on Absolue Foundation in the darkest shade available...because she liked to "add color to her face." I swear...it looked like she had fallen face first in our river delta gumbo!
She also would buy two jars at a time (great for me, because they were $57 a jar), because she and her granddaughter (another pale person) shared foundation.
I was like...Nonono...break the circle!!!!

kippeydale

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjenko
haha i love this thread. do you guys ever get those teenage girls who come in and steal testers? when i was at a counter swatching eyeshadows to figure out which ones i wanted, some teen girls would pretend like they would swatch them and when they walked off...like 6 eyeshadows would be missing from the display.

yesss...I have totally had that happen to me! Only with lipsticks, gloss, etc. One night, I had to watch four counters (my own---Lancome, Shiseido, Estee Lauder, and Elizabeth Arden), and there were 2 little girls (not teens) who went from counter to counter stealing lipglosses and lipsticks. At first, I thought they were just looking at them and just being little, giggling girls, and it was late, so I was cleaning the counter and helping the random customer. When I looked up, however, there were holes in displays and the little girls had vanished.

I've also seen parents encourage their children to steal perfume testers...great example to set for the future generations...
thmbdn.gif