Most women use cosmetics, but ethnicity is a factor

saniyairshad

SOURCE: http://www.sungazette.com/lifestyles...rticleID=15385
• Asian: The most likely to use sunscreen and after-sun products. They also are most likely to use facial moisturizers, cleansers and lip-care products.

In color cosmetics, Asians are the most likely to use bronzers and shimmer sticks every day.

• Hispanic: The leaders in everyday use of mascara, blush, eye liner and lipstick.

• Black: The most frequent wearers of lip gloss and fragrance.

• White: The most frequent users of foundation, with 43 percent of Caucasian makeup wearers using foundation every day.

**I thought this was such an interesting poll**

Shoe

This has to be true, because I can't leave the MAC counter without a least purchasing 1 lipglass. And I can't leave the house without my splash of Juicy Couture or Marc Jacobs.

MAC_Pixie04

eh, guess I'm unconventional. I have a bunch of fragrance that i hardly ever wear, and i love eyeshadow and blush more than anything.

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
eh, guess I'm unconventional. I have a bunch of fragrance that i hardly ever wear, and i love eyeshadow and blush more than anything.

Agreed. I really have no interest in fragrances.

Artemis

I'm half black half white..and I must admit I do love foundation, lip gloss and perfume.

Beauty Mark

I'm very unconventional for the Asian part. However, I've seen many East Asian women who carry and use parasols on 100 degree, 100% humidity days while wearing long shirts and pants. They're VERY protective of their skin.

ebonyannette

This is pretty interesting, when I think about who I see wearing make up the least its usually black women and its partially due to things not being made in our shade so we get frustrated and give up.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
I'm very unconventional for the Asian part. However, I've seen many East Asian women who carry and use parasols on 100 degree, 100% humidity days while wearing long shirts and pants. They're VERY protective of their skin.

I saw that in Waikiki...Japanese tourists sitting on the beach w/umbrellas, long sleeves, gloves, pants, and socks...I admit to being
hmm.gif
when I saw it...then realized that the culture is probably like the old south back in the 1800s, and really protective of the skin.
smiles.gif

sunsational

hmm i have lots of lipglosses but i wear eyeshadow and mascara the most. My lip products are just for taking pics. lol

bsquared

I have two or three lipglosses that I wear to give my lips a bit of shine/shimmer and to keep them moisturized-- no color, pigment, whatever on my lips just good ole clear (and perhaps a flavored gloss or two). Usually the color/pigmented lipglosses don't show up on my lips w/o EXCESSIVE coats and just plain ucky-ness. I like natural lips anyway.

I don't wear foundation, bronzer, blush, or any thing aside from my AVON Vitamoist face cream that I've been wearing for yeaaaarrrrs because my mom is an AVON lady.

Over the past 6 months or so I' ve become an eyeshadow-a-holic though with a weakness for MAC. Everytime I get some extra cash I'm headed to the nearest counter and/or store (sometimes both in one trip-- i'm so ashamed lol
fool.gif
). I have a few mascaras but no eyeliner, well I have one Brassy fluidline but I have yet to use it outside of at-home experimenting.

I don't do fragrances, most perfumes make me lightheaded unfortunately. I just stick to a few BB&W and Vickie's Secret scented lotions and boy sprays.

ALL THAT BEING SAID . . . The poll is interesting but perhaps a little off, maybe they should have taken a look at age as well (or did I miss that?). Personally, I think that frangrances are popular amongst the older generations and lip gloss amongst the younger Black women.

summer6310

I am a big sucker for everything with SPF, and I can't live without mascara and my blush collection...what am I?

sunsational

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer6310
I am a big sucker for everything with SPF, and I can't live without mascara and my blush collection...what am I?

alien? LMAO

cheerleader.gif

mjalomo

I'm hispanic, and mom still wears just sunscreen, mascara, and lipstick. Sometimes she puts some baby powder over that sunscreen. I think she's stuck in the seventies, though. I wear a full face for going out. Around the house or to the hardware store, I only use gloss and liner.
I do wear Turquatic perfume daily. I guess that makes me...addicted to MAC
smiles.gif
(Hey, a girl has to use her pretty collection somehow.)

Me220

I think an interesting companion to this study would be to consider how access/availability issues affect these results. What type of sociological issues are also at play? It'd be interesting to see the connection.

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniyairshad
SOURCE: http://www.sungazette.com/lifestyles...rticleID=15385
• Hispanic: The leaders in everyday use of mascara, blush, eye liner and lipstick.
**I thought this was such an interesting poll**

I'm Puerto Rican and Yes, this used to be me up until about 6 years ago (except I also wore foundation).

Until about 6 years ago, I never wore e/s because I did not think the colors were flattering for my dark eyes & I rarely saw hispanic, black, asian or indian woman wearing eye shadows; it was usually the woman w/light eyes that wore it.

I tried blue eye shadow for the first time in 2001 after seeing an asian & a indian girl wearing it and they looked fantastic.
eyelove.gif

P.S. My Mother told me that its imporant to start wearing a moistuizer in my early 20's, but I didn't listen, I was to cheap to buy it. I did start wearing it but not until my mid 30's.

deeaimond

Hahaha. i'd like to say its untrue but yeah. i started using sunscreen. Even on days when i dont wear any makeup, its definitely moisturiser and sunscreen. I only started a month or so ago, but my skin's gotten so much better. I'm Chinese but i can get as dark as NC45 (thereabouts. when i hit that shade i stop wearing foundation or the like, just moisturiser and blot powder. normally i stay around an NC30).... The sunscreen has no great effect on the colour of skin like mine, but helps prevent sun damage mostly.