Moth Brown.....why do you love it?

TM26

I am trying to decide what e/s to get from the Barbie collection. The one thing I have noticed is that Moth Brown seems to come up over and over again. People seem excited about this repromote, and since this shade was released before I got into MAC I was wondering something. To all of you lovelies who have tried this shade, can you tell me why you love it? Thanks
wavey.gif

enka

I love this shade. I will get a back up for sure.
Its a unique colour and goes well with so many other e/s. I love it with taupe e/s, aqua colours, brown, but the combinations are endless.
Great as liner, smokey eye, perfect for crease and contour.

flowerhead

I love it because it's really unique and flattering on me. Its dark brown but it flashes silver in the light and it has a purple tone to it.

Shimmer

I swear I'm going to laugh if they change something on the formula orsomething and it's not quite the same.
lol.gif

lemurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I swear I'm going to laugh if they change something on the formula orsomething and it's not quite the same.
lol.gif

Ugh, that would be a nightmare!!! Don't even joke. I'll wind up with 5 of the same crappy eyeshadow :p

Anyway, MB is soooo unique and gorgeous. It's a very rich grey with cool brown undertones, and flashes silvery and purpley. It's multitonality (is that a word) makes it easy to pair with lots of colors. For me it's the perfect shade for a smokey eye, and about as dark as I can go with NC15 skin and green eyes. I like it with dark, smokey greens (Greensmoke or maybe Nightlight) and cool pale purples (Beautiful Iris or maybe Lovely Lily).

I think back when it first came out we likened it to a crushed moth wing, thus the name. And it's pretty much right on.. it's got that delicate, iridescent quality despite being relatively dark. It's go great!!!

canadiangirl_1117

It's a unique color, at least to me. It's a cool brown with grey and purple undertones, I love it in the crease with Kitschmas and Lovely Lily, or as a liner with pinks and lighter purples.

GalleyGirl

If you are warm w/ yellow undertones, will it make you look bruised? I was just wondering because people are saying its kinda purpley.

lemurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleyGirl
If you are warm w/ yellow undertones, will it make you look bruised? I was just wondering because people are saying its kinda purpley.

Nope, there's no red or pink in it. I very often look bruised in purple shades, but not Moth Brown
smiles.gif

flowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
lol.gif

Oh you know they're going to...in the pictures it looks more orangey and matte..

Shimmer

We'll have to see, but it's like Pleasureflush or Stereo Rose...re-release it and it's just not quite right.

d_flawless

sort of OT question to anyone else who had the moth brown from madame b...
how is the texture/performance working for you now? i swear mine is sooo chalky...let me know what bases you're using since shadesticks aren't cutting it for me...

lemurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
Oh you know they're going to...in the pictures it looks more orangey and matte..

I think you must be looking at a different eyeshadow, hehe :p

YvetteJeannine

What formula is it; anyone know?? I'm thinking Veluxe Pearl, but I'm not sure...If it's a VP, I'll have to break down and get it (may just have to even if it's not
winks.gif
). VP's are fantastic!
smiles.gif

lemurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine
What formula is it; anyone know?? I'm thinking Veluxe Pearl, but I'm not sure....
smiles.gif

The one released with Madame B was a frost, but one of the more creamy, pigmented frosts
smiles.gif

flowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurian
I think you must be looking at a different eyeshadow, hehe :p

Nah, the only brownish-looking shadow in the barbie pics looks orangish and matte, it's only a small pic tho. Check for yourself, honestly...

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
Nah, the only brownish-looking shadow in the barbie pics looks orangish and matte, it's only a small pic tho. Check for yourself, honestly...

The bottom row middle eye shadow is probably Beautyburst from the description "a Rich reddish brown (satin) (LE)"
The one on the bottom row left is probably Moth Brown. The colors seem very off in the photos at least to me.

LMcConnell18

hmm speaking of u girls talk about this shadow... i just might have to look into this. is it being released with the barbie edition or something? and does it look good with brown eyes? thats what i need to know! <3 thanx girls!
smiles.gif