MSF as foundation or finishing powder

I'm considering buying an MSF Natural to use as foundation or even powder. I've read that it gives pretty light coverage; if that's the case, I was thinking it would be good as a finishing/setting powder over my foundation; however, if the coverage is buildable or more opaque, maybe I could use it as like a powder foundation. Have any of you done either of these things with MSF Natural? Please let me know your experiences.

~Porsha
th_dunno.gif

gigiopolis

Both! If I use it as a powder to set whatever foundation I have underneath, I'll use a fluffier, larger brush to lightly distribute the powder. I usually use the MSF Natural as a foundation though, in which case I would use a denser brush like the 182 to buff it into the skin. Really nice natural, matte finish and it definitely has buidable coverage. I love MSFN because it's so versatile!

I sometimes even use a smaller brush and use this stuff as concealer, mostly as undereye concealer/lid corrector. If I use it on my upper eyelids, I use UDPP underneath so the MSFN really works somewhat like an eyeshadow...if I want it to last longer underneath my eye, I'll even use a little UDPP underneath it to get a better coverage + long wear.

The darker MSF naturals can even be used as bronzers/contour shades. I seriously love MSFN!

TISH1124

I use mine as a setting powder..a little to light on coverage for foundation for me...But I know some poeple who use it as a foundation

prettysecrets

I absolutely LOVE MSF!!

I use it as foundation. I havent bothered to buy real foundation because I love MSF so much!!

The coverage is decent and once I apply concealer my skin looks* pretty much flawless :)

anshu7

as a foundation by itself it is pretty sheer.if u r not looking for sheer coverage use it as a setting powder. it is not opaque at all. i personally found it heavy as a setting powder.

alka1

I use it as my everyday foundation. It evens out the skintone and looks beautiful - if you have something to cover up (under-eye circles, blemishes) use a concealer under it.

aziajs

I have both. When I use it as foundation sometimes I put on a little concealer underneath in problem areas.

poker face

The coverage is barely there unless you really pack it on. I like it to give my face a nice finish if I don't want to wear a lot of makeup, but overall, it's better suited to being a lightweight finishing powder.

If you want to use it as a foundation, flaws would definitely have to be concealed before you applied it. Some people, though, definitely have the skin to pull off using it as a foundation.