MUA said NC20 makes me look dead, but NW20 is a little too pink? will NW15 work?

km39

I went in to get a concealer to go with my NC20 SFF to cover past acne dark spots, and the MUA said that i shouldn't need a concealer with SFF. She rematched me to NW20, and said that although the NC20 matched, it just didn't give my face enough color. It was also making my past acne marks look really gray, instead of covering them up.

I agree that the NW20 gives my face more color, but i still feel like it's a tad too pink...like obvious-foundation pink, where with the NC20 it was a tad off but it just made me look tan. Should I try NW15, or will that still be too pink since it's still an NW?

She was so convinced that NW20 was perfect, so I feel like i really can't go back and ask her! Lol

erine1881

your foundation shouldn't give you colour. that's what bronzer and blush are for. you foundation should always match your skintone.

i would go back and ask another artist to match you. and be honest. tell them that another person matched you and you just want to be sure and want others opinions. if she gets mad at that, then shes a bad artist, cuz we want you to match. nothing makes me cringe more than people who are wearing the wrong makeup.

if the concealer is being worn on the face, then it should be the same colour as your foundation. but if its being worn under the eyes, then it will, most of the time, be an nw, no matter what colour foundation you wear.

km39

i know that it shouldn't be a mask of color, but my skintone is SO blotchy. i've never found a foundation that matches perfectly with my blotchy face and my neck :\ it's like my face is really light and NW/NC, while my neck is more of a yellow color.

your foundation shouldn't give you colour. that's what bronzer and blush are for. you foundation should always match your skintone.

i would go back and ask another artist to match you. and be honest. tell them that another person matched you and you just want to be sure and want others opinions. if she gets mad at that, then shes a bad artist, cuz we want you to match. nothing makes me cringe more than people who are wearing the wrong makeup.

if the concealer is being worn on the face, then it should be the same colour as your foundation. but if its being worn under the eyes, then it will, most of the time, be an nw, no matter what colour foundation you wear.

Hilde

On me, NW20 is too orange, not too pink. Maybe try some of the N or C shades? Personally my match as a fair cool skintoned person is N4. I use NW20 as a concealer color for blemishes.(NW15 was too grayish/ashy)

And what did she mean that it didn't give you enough color? That it took away your natural coloring in a sallow way, or that she actually meant the foundation should alter your skintone? If it's the latter I disagree.

jenii

Go back, and bring a little mirror with you. Tell her you want to try a few different shades in little stripes along your jawline. Once you've put them on, excuse yourself and walk outside into natural light. Look at your jawline in your mirror. The right shade will be the strip you can barely see.

Seriously, store lights suck for accuracy. I doubt she'll have a problem with this. She wants to make the sale.