MUFE Mat Velvet & Mattifying foundation

j4lyphe

Hey has neone tried the MUFE Mat Velvet foundation? I'm supposedly NW 45 (powder) and NW 47 (fluid) for MAC's Studio Fix line but I was wondering what colour I would be in the MUFE...Also is it Really Mattifying cuz I have crazy oily skin and I go to school in Florida and for vacation back home to Jamaica (hott, lol)...My Sephora is in a JCPenny in Gainesville (small town) so they don't carry alot of lines that the regular Sephora carries like MUFE and NARS:s
Also is the MUFE HD invisible powder ne good for oily skin and is the ALL Mat primer ne good?

Regality101

Hey, I visited Sephora yesterday to try the MUFE HD foundation and the assistant recommended the Mat Velvet. She put the product on me and I was amazed. I don't have oily skin but this product is truly mattifying. She topped it off with HD powder and it looked like a dream. I am a C8 in MAC I could probably do NC45 my color was 70. There was another lady there with a more warmer complexion and she was a 75.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4lyphe
Hey has neone tried the MUFE Mat Velvet foundation? I'm supposedly NW 45 (powder) and NW 47 (fluid) for MAC's Studio Fix line but I was wondering what colour I would be in the MUFE...Also is it Really Mattifying cuz I have crazy oily skin and I go to school in Florida and for vacation back home to Jamaica (hott, lol)...My Sephora is in a JCPenny in Gainesville (small town) so they don't carry alot of lines that the regular Sephora carries like MUFE and NARS:s
Also is the MUFE HD invisible powder ne good for oily skin and is the ALL Mat primer ne good?

You would most likely be #75 in Mat Velvet+. I don't recommend the HD powder for oily skin, i prefer super matte loose powder; the HD powder doesn't have the same mattifying properties. I also think the all mat primer is fantastic, I recommend it for all oily skinned folks =)

sfmakeupjunkie

Super Matte Powder is the best! and I love Mat Velvet+ as well. I try lots of foundations and find that always return to this one. My skin is pretty oily and it holds up well.

j4lyphe

Thanx everyone
smiles.gif
I think if I get the right colour for the MUFE matte foundation maybe I'll forgo getting the MAC Studio Fix fluid....since the Studio Fix doesn't really mattify right?

n_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
You would most likely be #75 in Mat Velvet+. I don't recommend the HD powder for oily skin, i prefer super matte loose powder; the HD powder doesn't have the same mattifying properties. I also think the all mat primer is fantastic, I recommend it for all oily skinned folks =)

What would be the best brush to use with the super matte loose powder?

j4lyphe

Is the MUFE Matte Loose powder better than the MAC loose blot powder? And what do u think of MUFE's Duo Matte Powder foundation? Does it really work and is it comparable to MAC Studio Fix Powder foundation?
I'm just trying to look into any and everything that will help control my oiliness but at the same time not look like a mask...(I noticed with my MAC Studio Fix powder foundation that if u put on alot and u take pictures it looks kinda like a mask, so I try to put on a thin layer- this is my everyday powder that I wear to school when I do actually put nething on my face lol)...I also noticed that my Studio Fix powder tends to look a bit orange after awhile, I guess maybe bcuz of all the oil my face produces (eww,lol). Do the MUFE foundations (powder or liquid) have that effect?
I've been hearing ppl rave about the MUFE HD liguid foundation, is it good for oily girls or no?
Sorry for the long list of questions again:S

Purplegloss9

I've used Mat Velvet..well sampled it, and I plan to get it soon, you would be a #75...as I am and NC50 too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
I'm an NC50. What would I be in Mat Velvet?

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_c
What would be the best brush to use with the super matte loose powder?

I actually like to press it in with a Velour powder puff; but a kabuki brush or big fluffy powder brush would work as well. I feel like i see it less when I use the puff.

Quote:
I'm an NC50. What would I be in Mat Velvet?

I actually would say #75 may be too orangey; I recommend #70. I've tried both, #75 looks a little orange after I wear it a while. #70 has more of a golden/neutral base, #75 is more of a beige.

Indigowaters

Ok. Thanks. I just thought it might be too light on me. Can I return it to Sephora unopened and exchange it for the #70?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
I actually like to press it in with a Velour powder puff; but a kabuki brush or big fluffy powder brush would work as well. I feel like i see it less when I use the puff.

I actually would say #75 may be too orangey; I recommend #70. I've tried both, #75 looks a little orange after I wear it a while. #70 has more of a golden/neutral base, #75 is more of a beige.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Ok. Thanks. I just thought it might be too light on me. Can I return it to Sephora unopened and exchange it for the #70?

Yes you can.

Indigowaters

MUFE Mat Velvet #75 actually ended up looking great on me!

Here are some ref pics:

1st pic edited contrast to make it look brighter. 2nd pic wasn't retouched.

zerin

I dont have very oily skin but I do notice that whenever I used Mac foundations, it would end up looking oily after sometime and I would have to blot frequently. I recently bought the MUFE Mat Velvet+ Mattifying foundation and I love it! I even sampled the HD foundation as well but I felt oily/greasy after sometime too. The Mat Velvet foundation is truly my favourite foundation now and it matched my skintone very well (NC42/43 -> 60) but I would have to use it only occasionally since it's so expensive. So I'll be sticking to my Mac spf foundation for regular use and use the expensive one on special occasions.
greengrin.gif

Also, I wanted to add I love the MUFE full coverage concealer too!
smiles.gif
It's amazing.

j4lyphe

Thanks Zerin, I LOVE your vids on Youtube
smiles.gif
Glad to see other WOC doing tuts since we're all beautiful and I envy you Desi/SA girls for your eye makeup...Hott!

aziza

I am so broke right now but I will be trying Mat Velvet whenever I get some extra cash. I've sampled both F&B and the HD but they didn't agree with my oily ass skin. Beautiful when first applied...a few hours later I'm a swampy mess.

nadiaanya

I have Matte Velvet and I love it more than my prescriptives althoug I only use the foundation on one area of my skin, it helps to cover my blemishes in lieu of concealer.