MUFE Mist and Fix?

xraychick

I'm looking for a good but not overly expensive makeup setting spray. I'm buying some things from Sephora and thought I might try this one. Anyone tried it before? Thoughts? Thanks!

ModelBoy

I personally love MUFE MaF. However, a lot of people don't read the label and purchase it thinking that it is a makeup film (meaning it creates a water resistant layer of polymers over makeup to make it transfer-proof and unbudge-able). However, while it does provide a minimal amount of such benefits, it's main purpose is to guard against the environment, blend makeup, and revitalize skin. I find that it helps prevent oxidation of foundation, even under extreme lighting conditions and on models with extremely oily skin (such as myself). Every foundation I used to wear would turn orange by midday before, but with this, it blends perfectly with my natural skin tone all day long. It helps to take away and keep away a powdery, cakey look, and prevents creasing under the eyes and in smile lines by adding moisture and flexibility back into dried makeup. And it perks skin up, giving it a subtle glow (not to be confused with a sheen), and keeps it moisturized all day. I also find that it helps diffuse the appearance of pores and blemishes, especially when using matte makeup. Jumping off of that, it also adds dimensionality to matte foundation, making the skin appear real and supple rather than flat and chalky, as most matte, oil-absorbing foundations tend to do. And of course, it provides slight water resistance (such as mild rain) and transfer resistance, though not to the point of something like Ben Nye Setting Spray. Now, this is not say that I still don't have to touch up with some powder by midday to reduce that dreaded shine, and be careful not to rub my face too hard, and buff out my smile lines every time I go to the restroom. But I have the oiliest skin in the world, and makeup tends become more transferable when mixed with skin's natural oils, and I smile. A lot. In conclusion, I absolutely adore this product. I've been using it for about three months, with 3-4 spritzes a day, and still have about 4/5 of the bottle left. Just make sure that this is what you want, and not a pure, stage/photography quality setting mist. If you're unsure, buy the $8.00 mini. Even if you don't end up liking the results, it's a great midday pick-me-up if you place it in the fridge. Nice and refreshing.

PS: The bottle says to hold it 6-12 inches away from face and spray. I find that this tends to either miss your face altogether, or not disperse enough and concentrate right in one area. Instead, although it looks silly, I aim slightly above my head, making sure that there is good lighting, and tilt my face back, letting the falling mist settle over it. Make sure not to touch your face or smile for about a minute afterwards to prevent transfer and creasing.