Must haves for a small collection

kendra

I've posted this in the other forum but it didn't get posted
ssad.gif

I've just recently got into mac.. a couple months ago. Since I'm a girl and have other expenses to pay (also including other MAC products to buy..foundation, powders, lipsticks, paints, the good shit!). I don't really have the cash to throw away money on some stuff I won't use often. So i'm wondering what are all your girls must-haves. I'm not sure if this is relevent.. But I'm a dark haired girl with tanned skin. I love vibrant colors.. neutrals.. and smokey eyes.

So far i have:
Jewel Blue
Electric Eel
Shimmermoss
Wondergrass
Juxt
Velvet Moss
Bronze
Tempting
Wedge
Honesty
Expensive Pink
Pink Venus
Beauty Marked
Black Tied
Club
Goldmine
Beautiful Iris
Creme de Violet
White Frost

I think that about covers it for shadows.

Next on my list to get so far is definately Amber Lights, and Chrome yellow.. Any helpful versatile shadows I should be purchasing??

Jill35

Satin Taupe is my favorite e/s ever. And Shale is a good one too, and Sable, and Tan Pigment.

Esperanza

You definitely have to get Carbon e/s, it's a staple in a makeup collection.

I would have add Expresso (you can use it as an e/s and to fill in your brows), Shroom (for the highlight) and a purple one like Sketch (beautiful for a smokey eye paired with Carbon
eyelove.gif
).
Very good choice with Amber Lights, you won't be disappointed!

kendra

Thanks girls..
All your answers were very helpful.
You all mentioned highlight shadows. I've always just used my Iridescent Powder - Belightful for my highlight! hah, it just seemed to go with everything.
What about coral shadows? Has anyone had any luck with Paradisco? Is the color pay off good?

Also for the girl thats getting married, congradulations!

hunnybun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendra
Thanks girls..

What about coral shadows? Has anyone had any luck with Paradisco? Is the color pay off good?

Also for the girl thats getting married, congradulations!

eh -- not a fan of paradisco. the color pay off is good, but i don't think it's a flattering color. but of course that's my opinion on my skin tone.

and ditto on the congratulations!

IvyTrini

I think Gentil Lentil ShadeStick is a good staple and its easy to apply and carry with you. I use mine all the time. Also Deep Truth eyeshadow makes a great smokey eye.
cheerleader.gif

AudreyNicole

- Vanilla pigment (so versatile!)
- Shroom (great was a wash or a highlight)
- Nylon (my favorite highlight EVER!)
- Coppering (looks awesome with expensive pink!)
- Steamy (I just love this color!)

KTB

Funny that I was just coming here to post this very question
greengrin.gif

I'm checking out some auctions on ebay but didn't want to get carried away and get colours I'll never touch.

melliquor

Gorgeous Gold, Hecat, Plum Dressing, Teal Pigment

I love Paradisco. I think it is a gorgeous colour. I am dark hair, dark eyes, & NW25.

Have fun getting some new stuff.

s_prev

I to was looking for the same kind of help, Im an ebay junkie and have 5 more shadows on the way but most are really bright colours and I dont really know what to pair with them but this was a great help