Must-haves for this fall/winter??

Ms.Lulu

Hi ladies! I could really use some advice on some good staple items for the fall/winter.
I am on a budget right now so I have to choose wisely what I need! lol This year I bought my first cognac boots and I love them!! I tend to dress simple and accesorize with jewelry and scarves.
I definitely don't need any more flats, I have enough of those! I own a black peacoat, I have enough nice jeans, scarves and thats basically it for winter. Anything else you can't really live without in the winter?? I guess I am looking for some more "dressier" clothes because I tend to get a lot of casual items...I basically don't have much to wear when I go out with friends for a drink, the club or somewhere where I should dress a little nicer.
Oh, and I should probably say that I live in Northern California so it doesn't get incredibly cold over here!

Thank you ladies for your help!

kimmietrinh

Not entirely sure of your tastes, but here is what I can't live without in the fall/winter. Pencil skirts, dressier blouses/tunics, little black dresses, satin/silky material coats, those cardigans that cascades in the front, sweater dresses...Choosing the right top will make you look dressier with or without jeans.

hilaryrose

I work at J.Crew and we are showing a lot of sequin/glitter tops right now. You don't have to overdo it with them like ~some~ customers but they're great for dressing up a pair of jeans for going out, or for a holiday party etc

Cupid

-Tights (I prefer them over leggings)
-Pencil skirts
-Scarves
-Convertible mittens (mittens to fingerless gloves)
-Infinity scarves (they can't slide off..hehe)
-LEG WARMERS! (great to wear under jeans and boots)
-Knee high socks
-Rain boots
-Long sleeve shirts (from F21)
-Thermal shirts
-Hoodies
-Berets
-Riding boots