My December and January...

nelyanaphonexia

So, I'm back. For those of you who didn't know I was away.
winks.gif

This past December was hectic, to say the least. I was just gonna post to let y'all know what was up with me and why I was away for so long!

December 1-3 - finished my thesis/dissertation. Finally! It was a huge accomplishment for me.
smiles.gif
I'm very proud of my work and, although I wasn't professionally published this time around, there are five copies of my work in the local Texas Tech Library and Art Building Visual Resource Center.
greengrin.gif

December 4 - presented my thesis/dissertation. Oh, and btw it was on the late Medieval Art of Giotto di Bondone and his Arena Chapel (Padua) frescoes. You and look it up on Wikipedia if you'd like.
smiles.gif

December 5-12 - preparing for wedding and graduation and moving to Kansas. woo!

December 13 - GRADUATION! It was nice. It was long. I'm glad my undergraduate experience is over and I can finally go to graduate school.
smiles.gif

December 14-16 - now just last min. wedding plans/stuff

December 17 - my birthday. Oh what a birthday it was. I was so bogged down with wedding planning that I forgot to eat. No one was able to help me with anything...
ssad.gif
So, I got home to no presents, no family and no friends. I thought everyone had forgotten about me and my birthday. I started to cook for myself and watch TV when I had the sudden horrible urge to puke. Then I puked for about 5 hours straight. Ick. The flu.
ssad.gif
So, Not only was I sick, dehydrated from not consuming anything all day, and alone. I was alone and sick on my birthday.
ssad.gif
But just when I thought nothing could get worse, I get a call that my fiancé's grandmother has had a stroke. Fun.
ssad.gif
Finally things started to turn around. I started to feel better (yay! no more vomit!!) my fiancé and my finally come home from what I found out was a shopping trip to make me a huge birthday dinner (although they were super late...lol) and My fiancé bought me a new pair of lovely black UGGs for my birthday.

December 18-19 - last days before wedding, spent in DFW. Had loads of fun. Lots of champagne, bonding time with my closest friends over the champagne in a salt water hot tub and managed to destroy one unsuspecting hotel room on accident. Note: never let someone underage open the champagne, no matter how hard they beg, even if they are your brother. Also: never let boys give each other hair cuts before a wedding. While drunk. In the same hotel room. I think my parents got the bill from that.

December 20 - MY WEDDING. Yay married!!!! The cake was awesome! I got to eat. The DJ didn't play anything I asked him not to. The toasts were nice. New Mother in Law was not. (it was expected...) We went to see fiance's grandmother in the hospital. She was in a hospital in the area, which made it all that much easier. We thought it would be appropriate because she had travelled to the area for our wedding, and had the stroke in DFW. We were almost relieved that she was in DFW at the time, because she lives in a small town and would have had to travel for hours to get to a hospital. She had excellent care in the DFW area.
smiles.gif
We even stayed in our wedding clothes, so she could see my dress and his tux. She had especially wanted to come to the wedding and was very upset that she couldn't make it.

December 21 - drove back to Lubbock. Re-lapse of the flu.
ssad.gif
Very very very very very very VERRRRYYYYY sick. For five days. I have no idea what happened the next five days besides me sleeping and somehow ending up in Kansas City. I think it was a combo of food poisoning and the flu. My mom thought I picked something up at the hospital the day before. Never thrown up that much. Not even when I had food poisoning four years ago for a whole week. Next time I feel that bad, I'm going to the hospital. I think I'm still dehydrated...

December 26 - feeling better...sort of, left for honeymoon in Whistler, BC, Canada.

December 27 - get to Whistler due to unforeseen delays (we got in that morning at 2am)
ssad.gif
Now, I was in Canada. At an amazing ski resort. We stayed at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler. Delta also managed to loose our luggage. They accused us of lying at first, because we weren't even in their computers as having flown with them. Much less checked any luggage. Oh lovely. It was -5 degrees outside and we have no clothes. And Delta is being rude.

December 28 - Delta finally concedes and admits they were having a computer problem and tells us they will "look for our bags.....*verbal sneer*" They were especially rude to us at first.
ssad.gif

December 29-30 - Delta finally issues us a lost baggage claim number. Something we should have had upon our arrival in BC. All the while, we have had to buy new clothes, because we were both wearing "nice" flying clothes. We flew business/first class. So...we wanted to look nice. Apparently we should have just carried on most of our ski clothes.
ssad.gif
So, in the mean time, while waiting for our clothes, we go tubing, ice skating and cross country skiing.
greengrin.gif
We had fun anyway. Also managed to squeeze in a couples massage and pedicures.
th_DANCE.gif

December 31 - leave for Vegas!!!!! Maybe delta will find our bags.....NOPE! When we land in Vegas, still no bags. At least we have clothes, right? No! We only bought ski clothes and it was hot in Vegas on the first day. Didn't even need the hoodies we had bought in Canada. :p At night we saw a show: Zumanity! It was awesome, awesome awesome. If you are ever in Vegas and are 18+ GO. SEE. IT.
smiles.gif

January 1 - Happy New Year! The fireworks on the strip were almost as amazing as the pink lemonade vodka slushies we got in over the top large plastic souvenir cups. I wanted to get some crazy beads and head wear. Husband said I would have looked like an idiot. So, we decide that we need new clothes (mostly underwear) After we fall asleep and wake up bright and early in the morning we head out on the 108 bus to the outlet mall.
greengrin.gif
I got some hot new shoes, juicy was having a sale, as was Calvin Klein and Dolce and Gabanna. I will post the pics of my sweet new stuff in "hauls". I also made it to my first CCO. *heart*

Jan 2-3 - saw two more shows - the Bodies exhibition and LOVE. omgomgomgomg! go see LOVE. <3 Also: went to Emerils. Got a FAB!!!! bottle of wine there. <3 again. Visited the MAC pro store and Sephora. Got another one of those Vodka Lemonade slushies.
th_DANCE.gif
Good times. I love Vegas. Fiance also won quite a bit of money playing black jack. He's one of those people who is just good at numbers and is super duper lucky. I wanted to try roulette, but didn't have the guts to play. I just watched an old guy loose $50,000.00 (which is why I didn't have the guts to play)

Jan 4 - flew back to Kansas City with all my loot stuffed into new coach bags.
greengrin.gif
We still have no place to live when we arrived ON TIME.
greengrin.gif
Started apartment hunting right away!!!

Jan 6 - found an apartment!! yayayayayayayayay!!!!!

Jan 7 - tried to become an "official" Kansas resident by getting a new drivers license. Turns out this state is WAY different than Texas. I have to get my ORIGINAL birth certificate, an updated passport with my new name, the ORIGINAL marriage license, my old drivers license, my ORIGINAL social security card, proof of residence (but this can't be a copy of the lease...it has to be an original again...) and one last form of ID. Seriously, after she listed and wrote down everything I needed I almost expected a blood test.
ssad.gif
Seemed a little extensive to me. Maybe I just miss Texas...plus its damn cold here...*shiver* But, I had those new black UGGs to help out with the cold. Yay!
yahoo.gif

Jan 8 - now - I'm unpacking our piled of boxes. Most of which seems to be useless/weird crap that we are getting rid of anyhow. lol. We went though an entire box of stuff and were like..."what is this stuff...is it even ours?!?!?!" and are giving most of it to the Goodwill. Sometimes I wonder if the moving company just gave us the wrong boxes. Although, the clothes and large pieces of furniture are ours. unpacking is probably one of my least favorite things to do, ever. Although I feel like a putz because I should be grateful for having stuff instead of complaining about unpacking stuff.

So, that has been why I haven't posted. Oh and I just got internet today, that being the other reason.
smiles.gif
Hope everyone on here has been well, had a good holiday and an exciting new year!

Oh, and let me know if y'all wanna see pics of Whistler and Vegas!! I have tons I just haven't gone through them.
smiles.gif

But I'm BACK and will hopefully be posting more!!!
yahoo.gif

PS: Fiance's grandmother is doing much better. She is now feeding herself with a spoon and sitting up on her own, which is HUGE progress.
smiles.gif

Willa

Wow, you've been occupied!!!
Sometimes I wish I had that much stuff to do, minus the flu, that I already have
lol.gif

Did Delta found your stuff???

Oh and by the way, did you enjoy your secret santa things I sent you?
greengrin.gif

cutey.gif

nelyanaphonexia

Willa,

It has been busy. So far, nothing from Delta. We still have no luggage and they are refusing to reimburse us for the lost items or even the things we had to buy for the trip. It's some sort of "if you fly internationally, we aren't responsible for loosing your luggage..." crap. I'm so upset. A lot of my MAC was in my bags.
ssad.gif
I never want to fly Delta again, unless I have to of course. :p I will never forgive them if they lost all of my cult of cherry quads.
ssad.gif

Oh, and I loved loved loveeeeeddddd your gift. It made me feel better when I had the flu/food poisoning.
smiles.gif
th_hug.gif
bigheart.gif

Willa

Wow, this is soooooooo what's scarrying me the most about flying.
I'd cry sooo much if they lost my luggage
What can you do?
And this is so sad that your MAC was in it
ssad.gif
angry.gif

Where in the world is it!
I'd put a gps in my luggage!
I wonder why they don't?