My "Digital Makeup" pieces/Retouches -IMG HEAVY!

aziajs

I am very impressed. You did a fantastic job. I really like what you did with Katherine Heigl's makeup. That's the way it should have looked.

persephonewillo

so freakin' awesome!!
smiles.gif

gigiopolis

^ Thank you! I used Photoshop CS3 and CS4 (depends on when I did these).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
Wow, you have some serious talent... I might ask you to go back and make me over in high school pictures... what was I thinking!? =/ Haha.

It's also nice to see how much help celebs can get in professional photography because sometimes I'm in serious awe of what looks real in magazines.

Haha I'd be happy to do it! But I'm usually wary of doing "real life" people since we don't have the luxury of professional retouchers like celebs do...it would be easy to get used to, heh.
tong.gif

It's pretty amazing to me to, especially when I'm trying to emulate what a retouched photo would look like. It amazes me exactly how much work goes into it...every eyebrow, tiny little wrinkle, discolouration...it's all taken into account. Shocking, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I am very impressed. You did a fantastic job. I really like what you did with Katherine Heigl's makeup. That's the way it should have looked.

I know, eh? A lot of people said they loved her makeup that year, too, and I was like...what are you guys smoking? She looks pretty bad! Well I guess most people didn't see the HQ versions of the photos haha.

lilithbloody

Amazing!

Lately all the beauty manips i've seen are (*finding a way to say without hurting feelings*) just crappy
lol.gif

You did a wonderful work, I'm looking forward to see more digital make up from you
thmbup.gif

ginger9

Wow really beautiful work! Looks like it's a lot of fun
smiles.gif

But you got me thinking now...I wonder if they do this more often than I am lead to believe...

gigiopolis

^ Oh, they DEFINITELY do it more often than they lead you to believe. It's actually difficult to find super HQ, non edited photos of celebrities! In fact it's totally possible that I have retouched something that has previously been retouched...and been completely oblivious to it.

lilithbloody - Thanks!! Engh some people think digital makeup means slapping on some pink blush, lips and blue eyeshadow and calling it a day. It's actually way more difficult than that, as I'm sure you know!

I should tell you guys that it's nearly impossible to create the texture/colour of Emma Watson's lips to look like Rihanna's from scratch, so I literally had to cut out Rihanna's lips and warp them to fit Emma's, and go from there.

Meisje

These are fantastic. You could get paid for this sort of work doing portrait retouching.