My Eyebrows Need Help!

jenjunsan

Ok, so this is for all you lovely ladies who do your own brows. I used to have mine waxed professionally until the "professional" "accidently waxed off almost my whole eyebrow. (yeah, woosh....oops isn't what you want to hear). Anyway, so I am a little gunshy and would like to do them myself. Basically I've just been plucking the ones that get way out of line. I'm not too sure I would trust myself to wax them. So what are your secrets to a perfectly shaped brow? I'd love to know any tips and tricks for do it yourself! Thanks!

Mods...I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place
tong.gif

jenjunsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiza_T
Have you tried eyebrow threading?

I live in a smallish town and I don't know if anyone does that around here. I saw it being done in Houston when I went visit my brother during hurricane Katrina. I'd like to find something I can do myself since it is hard for me to get out at the moment.

Nicala

Actually, you can thread your eyebrows yourself too
smiles.gif
I do it, its very simple and effective! I've never tried waxing them myself.. too scared to do that haha. Theres a few videos on youtube that may be helpful. I might twixtbetwixt has one. HTH

Honey&LemonGirl

If you already know the best shape for your brow, I prefer just cleaning up with tweezers on an every-other-day basis. I don't go to salons to get eyebrow waxing done because they use hot wax, which oozes all over and can catch hairs it's not supposed to (too easy to do a "Woosh--Oops!").

If I do want to use wax to do quicker removal of quite a few hairs, I use at-home wax strips (pre-coated with wax). Sally Hansen makes my favorite kit that's affordable and really effective--and the strips are meant strictly for the facial area (i.e., they're not overly harsh and the size is small so you can better control the area).

If you haven't really established the perfect brow for you yet, I definitely suggest you go see an eyebrow professional at a salon or behind the counter at the department store. At least for the first time. Because then you'll see what the best shape is for your face, and then you can easily maintain it at home on your own with a little regular plucking.