• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

My Favorite Purple Smokey Eye

brightkiwi

My favorite Purple Look. So much fun, looks wicked on green-eyed ladies...or gents
winks.gif
RAWR-11.jpg

Items Used

lowe-cornell 3/4" shader brush
Fix +
Painterly Paint Pot
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Metal-X Cream Shadow in Plum Electric (LE)
Violet Trance e/s (LE)
Nocturnelle e/s
Ricepaper e/s
Mystery e/s
Violet Pigment
Bordeauxline Powerpoint Eye Pencil
Smoulder Eye Pencil

Studio Fix Fluid NC25
Benefit Hoola

Honey-Love Lipstick
20090910-DSC_0003-1.jpg

1.Prime eyes with painterly p/p and UDPP.
RAWR-1.jpg

2.Spray Fix + on shader brush and rub...more like attack the Metal X. Such a horrid formula but such a beautiful color. Any dark purple base will work. I think the Bordeauxline pencil would work too. Apply on lid. Blend edge.
RAWR-3.jpg

3. With 217 take Violet Trance and blend into crease.
RAWR-4.jpg

4. Same brush, use Nocturnelle and blend into crease, focusing more color on outside and blend in.
RAWR-7.jpg

5. Spray Fix + on other side of shader brush and foil Violet Pigment on top of Metal-X or your dark base on your lid.
RAWR-8.jpg

6. Highlight and inner corner with Ricepaper.
RAWR-9.jpg

7. Bordeauxline eye pencil on lower lash line. Smuge with Violet trance and Nocturnelle. Line water line with Smoulder. Curl lashes. Add mascara. Obviously, to make this look hotter add falsies. But...I'm lazyyyy.
RAWR-10.jpg

8. Fill eyebrows with 266 and Mystery eyeshadow.
RAWR-12.jpg

Full Face...
RAWR-13.jpg

RAWR-14.jpg

And... a shot with a better camera.
20090910-DSC_0011-2.jpg

Same look, different day. I put on false lashes.
resizedpurple.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. Thanks for watching
smiles.gif

tinich7

You're beautiful, and so are the eyes. I just don't like the foundation. Its texture and colour seem not to suit your natural face colour.

brightkiwi

Thank youuuuuuuuss. Yes I would agree my foundation is not quite right...been trying to find products that work with my skin type. Still on the hunt
smiles.gif

Tavia

Wow...was really a great tutorial. I'm crazy about purple shades
smiles.gif
. I've done one smoky eye look myself. This time I've tried blue and green eyeshadows from the Too Faced Smoky Eye Palette.(I don't like these shades but I said to give it a try). You can enter here and see all the details photos and the entire palette.