My first thread, taming the beast!

irkenfetus

First of all, hello everyone! I've been lurking for awhile, and last night I took it upon myself (thanks to inspiration from all of you) to attempt to organize my unruly makeup collection. Before I began, the bulk of it resided in a basket that just kept piling up, making it impossible for me to find anything I wanted, plus I'd forgotten I even had half of the stuff I found! Well onto the pictures (sorry about some of the blurrier ones, it was late and my hand wasn't all that steady):

PICT0040.jpg

the bulk laid out on the floor according to category (don't mind the paint all over the carpet, art is hardly ever neat!)

PICT0044.jpg

foundations, concealers, powders

PICT0045.jpg

blushes and shimmer powders

PICT0046.jpg

some longer brushes, eyebrow and eyelash groomers, eyelash curler, makeup corrector, tweezers

PICT0047.jpg

mascaras

I seem to have deleted my eyeliners picture. Whoops!

PICT0048.jpg

single color shadows

PICT0049.jpg

neutral multi pan and compact shadows

PICT0050.jpg

smokier and more vibrant multi pan and compact shadows

PICT0051.jpg

shadow primers

PICT0052.jpg

loose pigments and glitters

PICT0053.jpg

clear glosses

PICT0054.jpg

sheer to semi translucent glosses

PICT0055.jpg

translucent to slightly opaque glosses

PICT0056.jpg

opaque glosses

PICT0058.jpg

lipsticks

PICT0059.jpg

some smaller shadow brushes, lip brushes, powder and blush brushes, and foundation sponges (the ones outside of the pouches needed a cleaning)

PICT0063.jpg

TADA! The finished product!

PICT0064.jpg

ippies, liners, and mascaras in their new home

PICT0065.jpg

brushes, sponges, etc., and my glasses case atop the makeup case

PICT0066.jpg

case open, top drawers holds face and lip primers, second drawers holds blushes and shimmers, third drawer holds shadow primers and loose pigments/glitters, final drawer holds the shadows

It's a bit of a tight squeeze, but it'll do for now. Much improved from the terrible heap of fail it used to be before, wish I'd gotten a picture of that to show you all.