• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

***My first tutorial "I <3 Coppering" PIC HEAVY***

user79

Hello girls. This is my first tutorial so please be patient hehe. I hope I'm not overloading you all with pics, but I tried to be as thorough as possible. This tutorial stuff is very time consuming!

So, this is the final look we are going for:

ws936d.jpg

First, here's all the products I used.

ws9ohc.jpg

Bare Minerals spf 15 foundation in Fairly Light
Revlon Skinlights in 01 Natural Light
MAC Irridescent Powder in Silver Dusk
Cover Girl loose powder
MAC ccb in Bronze
L'Oreal True Match concealer (not in the picture)
MAC Paint in Untitled (not pictured)
MAC Blacktrack fluidline
MAC Blush in Plum Foolery
MAC e/s in Coppering
MAC Pigments in White, Goldenaire, Melon, Fairylite
Rimmel Lip Vinyl gloss in Bronzed
MAC Lipgelee in Lust is Lush (the orange one)
pink lipliner
Cover Girl Lash Exact mascara Black
L'Oreal Voluminous waterproof mascara Black
eyelash curler
NYC brow kit in Black
various brushes (I only have 1 MAC brush as you can see, the #187)
wedge makeup sponge (not pictured)

OK let's get started with a cleansed face, moisturized & lipbalm on lips. Just so you girls can see my skin is not perfect!!
ws9v9j.jpg

First I apply a few dabs of the Revlon Skinlights fluid all over my face with my fingers to brighten up the skin. It has a light pearlescent finish, so you could use a similar products like the MAC Strobe cream. Blend with a sponge or a foundation brush, whatever you prefer. (I used sponge.)
ws9vlc.jpg

Next, I apply the Bare Minerals foundation, with a big powder brush. Buff in circular motions, the more you buff the better it looks. I usually do it til my arm gets sore, hehe.
ws9xxg.jpg

This is what it should look like when you finish buffing. Yey!
ws9yzs.jpg

Then I apply concealer under my eyes, by my nose, and anywhere else that I feel needs coverage. Like so.
ws9z7l.jpg

Blend using a concealer brush or a dampened sponge, I used a sponge. You should now have a perfectly foundation-ed and concealed face.
wsa2bc.jpg

Apply a THIN layer of the Untitled Paint on the eyelids, either with a finger or a lid brush. Don't put on too much, it will crease.
wsa4ia.jpg

Blend with a sponge if necessary.
wsa55d.jpg

Pick up some loose powder with a slightly larger brush. I use the cheapest Cover Girl one I could find at the drugstore, this will be removed later so don't bother spending lots of money on it. Any loose powder in a shade similar to your skin will do.
wsa5bq.jpg

Apply rather liberally underneath your eye. This will catch any fall-out from the eyes and can be easily brushed away later.
wsa614.jpg

Get your pigments ready to use...
wsa7n9.jpg

With a very small lid brush, apply White pig. to the browbone, like so.
wsa7u0.jpg

Apply Fairylite pig. over top to "dull down" the brightness of the White pig. Alternately, if you have Vanilla pig. this would work well too, but since I don't have Vanilla, I do it like this.
wsa93m.jpg

With the same small brush, apply Goldenaire pig. underneath the White/Fairylite pig. It should look like this.
wsaau9.jpg

Blend this together using a fluffy blending brush. Here's what we've got so far.
wsabkn.jpg

Here we go with the fun part: Coppering! Using a small lid brush, apply Coppering to the lid, trailing outwards. Pack on the e/s more heavily on the outer lid, and more lightly on the inner lid.
wsac1i.jpg

Blend together using a fluffy crease brush, either doing windshield-wiper, or just brushing outwards and upwards. I did a mix of both.
wsaee0.jpg

Next, apply Melon pig. to the inner part of the lid, like so. Blend again using the fluffy crease brush.
wsaerr.jpg

With a pencil brush (like the #219) apply the Coppering and Melon on the lower lash line as well. Coppering is on the outer lower lash, Melon on the inner lower lash. Here's what the blended result should look like now.
wsaf5e.jpg

Using a small angle brush, dip into Blacktrack fluidline and apply to the top lid, staying as close as you can to the lashes, and winging outwards just a bit. You can vary the wing as you wish.
wsafdt.jpg

Using the same angle brush, apply the Blacktrack to the waterline. It should look like this now.
wsah4k.jpg

Next, curl your eyelashes. The curler I have is nothing special, I think it is Revlon, but it works fine.
wsaikn.jpg

Remove the excess powder from underneath the eyes using a big powder brush. If you did this correctly, it will sweep away any e/s or pig. that fell onto your cheek while working on the eyes.

Then, apply mascara. I first did a coat with the Covergirl Lash Exact, then the L'Oreal Voluminous waterproof on top. When both were dry, I brushed off the excess flaky stuff with a cleaned spare mascara spoolie. Hellooo eyelashes!
wsjiir.jpg

Groom and fill in the eyebrows with the brow kit. It's a mix of powder and hairwax, I apply it with a medium size angle brush.
wsjjpi.jpg

Next, I use my fingers to apply a light coating of the CCB in Bronze to my cheekbones and cheek apples. It gives me a bit more colour, and it also makes the blush I apply next look much brighter and stays longer!
wsjlut.jpg

I use my #187 brush to apply the Plum Foolery blush to my cheekbones and apples.
wsjm9g.jpg

Then I use a more dense and smaller blush brush to apply a bit of the Silver Dusk irridescent powder to my cheekbones right near my eye. It helps to highlight the bone structure more. The blush is underneath the highlight.
wsjmsi.jpg

I then use the big powder brush again to just buff a little more to make sure everything is well blended, and remove any excess powder from my nose or forehead.

Now, here is where I skipped a step in taking pictures!!! Grrrrr...But here's what I did to do the lips:

Line and fill in the entire lip with a pink lip pencil. It is a raspberry pink shade. Then, apply the Rimmel Vinyl lip bronze gloss over top, and finally dab a coat of the orange Lipgelee on top of that.

And this is what the finished result should look like!

wsjp51.jpg

wsjsqs.jpg

Yipee! Hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
eyelove.gif

beautenoir

fantastic tutorial!!...putting loose powder under eyes to catch fallout is an amazing tip I would have never thought of!...thanks!

user79

Thanks! Yeah it's my preferred way when working with pigments. Some people do the eye first and clean up underneath before putting on foundation, but I think it's harder to get perfect foundation when you have to avoid the eye area. Also, sometimes you get harsh lines when trying to clean up with Q-tips...so it's easier to dust away the fall-out with a big powder brush. And I think that Cover Girl loose powder was less than $10 for a huge tub, so it's not a big waste anyway.

brandiisamonkey

AMAZING tutorial! The finished product is awesome!

And I know this might sound horrible but its good to know that your skin looks alot like mine pre makeup (I use be also) I never though to use the Skinlights on my entire face, I have some but I dont think I have the same color as you (what color did you use btw) and I also dont buff my be into my face till my arm hurts lol but im going to try it now! What brush do you use for your be? im still using the be Kabuki...

Anyway GREAT tutorial and you look fabulous!

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandiisamonkey
AMAZING tutorial! The finished product is awesome!

And I know this might sound horrible but its good to know that your skin looks alot like mine pre makeup (I use be also) I never though to use the Skinlights on my entire face, I have some but I dont think I have the same color as you (what color did you use btw) and I also dont buff my be into my face till my arm hurts lol but im going to try it now! What brush do you use for your be? im still using the be Kabuki...

Anyway GREAT tutorial and you look fabulous!

The buffing brush I use for the BE is actually kind of a crappy one! It is a drugstore powder brush, from the Quo line (avail. in Canada from Shoppers Drug Mart). I actually ordered the Catherine Deneuve 182 brush for buffing to replace this one, because I have heard really good things about it and I need a kabuki brush. If you can get your hands on the 182, try to do that, I heard it's amazing for buffing.

The Skinlights I use is 01 Natural Light. You could also mix it in with your facial moisturizer, it's easier to blend that way and just brightens up the skin really nicely before using the BE.

brandiisamonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
The buffing brush I use for the BE is actually kind of a crappy one! It is a drugstore powder brush, from the Quo line (avail. in Canada from Shoppers Drug Mart). I actually ordered the Catherine Deneuve 182 brush for buffing to replace this one, because I have heard really good things about it and I need a kabuki brush. If you can get your hands on the 182, try to do that, I heard it's amazing for buffing.

The Skinlights I use is 01 Natural Light. You could also mix it in with your facial moisturizer, it's easier to blend that way and just brightens up the skin really nicely before using the BE.

Thanks I really appreciate it! I just made my order from MAC I was REALLY debating buying that brush (I did get the stipiling brush though) hmnn I wonder if I call if they can add it to my order?
greengrin.gif

*edit* Well I called, they cant add it to my order so I placed another order, it was of course the only logical thing to do right *rolleyes* MAC is going to put me into so much debt lol

samila18

wow, amazing tutorial!! this look is gorgeous! such talent
smiles.gif
don't you love BE? it's so wonderful
lol.gif

PinkShell21

Wow! This was one of the best tutorials ever! I actually wanted to kick back and enjoy some cereal while reading this
greengrin.gif
BTW, what color is the CoverGirl loose powder? tia
smiles.gif

poppy z

Very good tuturial (I hope you will do an other and an other and an other!!!).
And I really like your makeup (eyes and lips).
Great job. I will try it!!!

laurenmo88

good job, the finished look is very nice on you! you have a very clean way of application and i think u should take pride in how well you do with your foundation - i always think that building a good base with ur foundation makes the whole look more beautiful, and you did just that!

Summrgirl

Thanks for posting this tutorial! It looks really pretty and makes your eyes pop. I'm definately going to try this out.

clocked

you ought to do more tutorials, your style is absolutely perfect. very informative. i'm totally going to buy Coppering now...

user79

Thanks for the feedback, ladies!

I might do another tutorial sometime but they are really time consuming! I had to go into another room to take the step-by-step pictures since my bathroom has really bad lighting and I wanted natural light. Plus the time spent editing the pictures and resizing, etc.

I will try to do another one soon when I have the time again!