My first UD shadow

JoeyEmma

I got mildew today, even though it seems pretty much of a dupe for MACs humid.

Anyway, I've just had a play with it and I'm really impressed. Its so highly pigmented and soft and smooth to apply. Its blended really well, even though I'm a true makeup application novice.

When I use Humid I really have to layer it up for the colour to show through.

From this I'd say that the UD shadows are really high quality. I have read that since MAC was taken over, the quality of their products has gone less "pro" and I never thought it was true, until now.

nylonbits

Yeah I have the bright fuschia shadow by UD too! It's my one and only UD shadow but it's just so pretty...

Aprilrobin

Yep, UD shadows have always been excellent. The color range is is just somewhat limited compared to MAC. If you're like me and anti-glitter, the range is even more limited unfortunately.

I always look forward to them releasing new colors =)

AppleDiva

I, too, love UD shadows. I have about 6... I reach for them all the time. The color payoff is awesome!!

JoeyEmma

I'm not a big fan of glitter either. I was looking at getting sin or YDK though. They look so pretty and natural for an everyday eye. I can't afford to spend that much, so I'll just keep an eye out for some testers for sale.

ShesAFoxyLady

Have been searching the forums for some input on UD shadows. Having read this, they are sounding worth a try... and if their 24/7 eyeliners are anything to go by...

Silveretta

Mildew is gorgous. I love doing it with black for a smokey gree.

but, my fav UD e/s is Sin. I could buy stock in that color

MsChrys79

I only have a deluxe shadow set from them and I love it... the color payoff is really good, when I first got it I couldn't believe how well it showed up...I love the green (graffiti) and the Purple (ransom)

here's a pic:
ud.jpg

mysteryflavored

The UD shimmer eyeshadows are soo much nicer than the glitter shadows. Colors with lots of glitter (Grifter, Maui Wowie, etc) have considerably poorer color payoff than the rest (Sin, Smog, Mildew, aaaalll the deluxe shadows). The glitter shadows also have a different texture -- they aren't quite as velvety and easy to blend.

Sin is easily my most-used shadow, EVER.

Beauty Mark

The glitter shadows are not so good, but I have trouble in general with glitter shadows.

I think the duotones are really cool. I love the metallics, too.

RoseyPosey

i loveee Ud's shadows. I have full size heat and scratch deluxe shadows and the deluxe shadow palette! i love this pallete so much and they are very smooth and velvety! LOVE

amyzon

Fishnet is freaking hot hot HOT - my favorite from the deluxe set. Similar to MAC's Stars and Rockets but it's got a lot more dimension and the iridescence makes it just leap off your eye... It sparkles and it's just sexy and gorgeous! I love mixing it with MAC pinks and purples for a really sexy look like this one {youtube's web address}/watch?v=RYv65LLwxVw (don't wanna hijack the thread with a vid window!)

I'm also DYING to try out Goddess, Gunmetal, Roach and Midnight Cowboy Rides Again
smiles.gif
Anyone have love for these? Man they're expensive but look so worth it! Pro card has me SPOILED on 7 dollar eyeshadows! LOL

Quote:
JoeyEmmaI forgot I started this thread!

I have just been craving UD Underground!

Get it! You won't regret it! Probably my second favorite of the set. It's my go to brown. It's a GORGEOUS neutral brown and it works on any skintone. I LOVE it! You can wear it on it's own with just a highlight or mix it with tans, browns, golds - it's very versatile
smiles.gif