My "I got a makeover at MAC and didn't like it so I did it myself" FOTD :)

courtneycakes

Got my very first makeover at MAC today. I was sooo excited!(forgot ma's name) Her makeup was flawless so I was thinkin mine would be sllaamminnnn. Well..not so much. Nice girl, but she does her own makeup a little better lol.

She used(on me):

Face:
Studio Tech in NW15
Select Cover-up in NW15
Some blush which I thought was waay too pink on my already naturally pink cheeks.(one reason why this is only an eye shot)

Eyes:
Prep+Prime stuff
Bare Canvas paint
Beauty Marked e/s
Cranberry e/s
Passionate e/s
Gleam e/s
Blacktrack fluidline
Zoom Lash

Lips:
Forgot the name of the liner
Plink! l/s
Wonderstruck

Picturehhhhh035.jpg

Picturehhhhh036.jpg

So I came home and wiped it off and did my own thing...

I used: (all mac unless noted)

Face:
Studio Tech in NW 15(same from earlier)
Select Cover-Up in NW 15(ditto)
Blushbaby blush

Eyes:
Blacktrack f/l
Pixel paint
White pro p/m
A purple from the Milani Wild Violets quad
Kitchmas p/m
Passionate e/s
Diorshow mascara

Lips:
Underage l/g
Maybelline lipgloss in Blush Boost

Picturehhhhh046.jpg

Picturehhhhh041.jpg

Picturehhhhh040.jpg

Picturehhhhh038.jpg

Picturehhhhh042.jpg

jess98765

both looks are rather gorgeous. i love the blending of the first one and the colour placement of the purple one
smiles.gif

Glitziegal

I so prefer your look. You know what looks good on you after all. Not that hers was that bad, just yours is more....well, you.

Does that make any sense at all
lol.gif

little teaser

i love the way YOU did it.. and i love your hair.. i have a thing for hair thats always the first thing i look at..haha im a weirdo i know..lol

courtneycakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitziegal
I so prefer your look. You know what looks good on you after all. Not that hers was that bad, just yours is more....well, you.

Does that make any sense at all
lol.gif

Yessss! I totally agree! Which is why I don't hold anything against her. Her makeup(on her) was gorgeous. I mean just...wow. So she knows what shes doing...its just that everyone has their own style.
smiles.gif

saniyairshad

i like both looks...ur gorgeous so I'm thinking u pull off any of them!!!!!!!!!!! but ur look is much better!!!! ur very talented...they should seriously hire u....

courtneycakes

that is such a nice thing to say! but i couldnt work at the MAC counter near here. the girls there are snotty and one girl puts on so much makeup i just want to hug her and tell her everythings going to be okay. seriously i feel bad for the girl. anyhow. thanks again!

Sundae

Being honest, I kinda like the ma's more, its more subtle. The second look, looks more like a clubbing look. But they both look cute, I just prefer the first pic for daytime wear

User67

This sounds like the last couple make-overs I had done at MAC. The MA were very nice, but I just wasn't happy with the outcome & ended up thinking to myself that I should have just done my own make-up. I definitley like the second look better.

glamgirl

If you dont like the application, please let the MA know. Most of the MA are willing to redo the application if you dont like it.
Your application is great!