My Inauguration experience [PICS]

Paramnesia

That would have been an absolutely amazing experience. Even though I'm not American I still think it would have been great to go and experience such a huge historical event.

MissResha

thanks guys!! and yes, it was awesome.

Don't get me wrong, so many things happened that day that really pissed me off. there were several security breaches, people bumrushed a lot of areas they were not supposed to be and they were not sent back. Which kept actual ticket holders from even entering the event. I felt so bad for them. The security SUCKED that day, and given the nature of the event, thats appalling. It was so ghetto *smh*.

But other than that, to witness history...man i still cant believe it lol. I have so many stories to tell my kids (when i eventually have some).

greengrin.gif

pinkkitty08

Great pictures!! I stayed home all day and watched the events on tv.

I wanted to attend since I live so close (PG County) but I have small kids at home and didn't want them to be in the cold all day.

Thanks for sharing!!

Blushbaby

OMG!!You know what? I'm 99% sure I saw you on CNN waving manically too!!! I recognise you cos I thought "Hmm she looks like my friend", who was also in DC too for the inauguration. I even updated my Facebook status at the time so she'd see it when she checked in on her Blackberry! LOL

That's so mad!! I'm in London and spotted you on TV!! Wicked!

Cool pics, thanks for posting!

belle89

You were so close! I was wayy back towards the middle of the mall. Thanks for sharing your photos.

You got tix to the Youth Ball?! *jealous*

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
OMG!!You know what? I'm 99% sure I saw you on CNN waving manically too!!! I recognise you cos I thought "Hmm she looks like my friend", who was also in DC too for the inauguration. I even updated my Facebook status at the time so she'd see it when she checked in on her Blackberry! LOL

That's so mad!! I'm in London and spotted you on TV!! Wicked!

Cool pics, thanks for posting!

OMG lemme know if you do see me. Look for my friend Courtney's BRIGHT ASS orange hoodie LOL. thats how my mom recognized us. She saw her bright orange (it really stands out) and was like OMG THERES MY BABY ON TV hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I am going to re-watch the CNN show...I recorded it....If I see you I will be screamming

lmao omg i wanna see me on tv too! i remember when i was on MAD TV a few years ago and i didnt get to see that either! everyone else did but me
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle89
You were so close! I was wayy back towards the middle of the mall. Thanks for sharing your photos.

You got tix to the Youth Ball?! *jealous*

yea i was very very close, but no the youth ball tix aren't mine, i just snapped a photo of them because i thought they were sooo beautiful. they belonged to a co-worker of mine. he snapped pics of my swear-in tix too. we were googly-eyed over each others tickets lol.

cupcake_x

That is so awesome you got to experience such an amazing part of History.

I watched the whole on TV totally wishing I was there- I supported him throughout his very long campaign and am so delighted to see the pictures
smiles.gif
Thanks for posting!