my interview: can we say HIRED!?

glorie

My interview went well!

I had the interview at the end of July. I applied for a freelance position.
and they called me last week and I am now a MAC freelancer!
(yesss!)

I honestly thought I wouldn't get it. My demo was pretty "boring" (according to me) since the assistant manager picked out all of my products. I applied everything perfectly (says she) and blended well. Out of nervousness, I double dipped (*smacks forehead*) the mascara...and I went over the "time limit" (30 mins). The interview part was easy...I guess she could tell I was a bit nervous...so she made it more of a casual conversation.

So for all you aspiring MAC mua's...here are some notes.

the day before my interview, I went to ANOTHER MAC counter and asked the manager to do a full face app on my model...just to compare technique (mine is better! haha). He was really sweet and gave me a few pointers -

1. ALL BLACK ISN'T NECESSARY.
- it can be boring and everyone does it. don't you want to stand out? look professional/trendy. accessorize! ( i didn't wear black to my interview. the manager actually commented on my outfit as well as the rest of the employees! )

2. CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN.
- MAC is really picky about hygine. Wipe off all powder products before use. Keep a neat workspace. Wipe any makeup off the brushes before dipping into another color (i know. "duh" -- but some people do it!). Dip only once...new applicator for each use. (she kept telling me "you have __ mins left"...so i rushed...and double dippped! gahh. stupid!)

3. TALK!
- talk the manager during the demo. tell him/her why you do this ect ect.

good luck, loves.

sassy*girl

glorie! congratulations, dear
greengrin.gif
that's so awesome!