My MAC 226 has a slight shimmer to it and has a france stamp on it?

experiment2344

I'm beginning to wonder if it is fake. It's scratchy after two washings and it has some green/red shimmer if you hold the brush under the light. This was the LAST 226 nordies had because someone returned it so now I am wondering if I got a fake? The bottom of it says france(stamped in like my other brushes) but it's the scratchiness that makes me wonder. If I use it i feel like cuts are all over my eyes by the next day!! None of my other mac brushes do this
thmbdn.gif
. It still deposits color beautifully and I love it but it hurts to use it. Do you think I got a fake and it slipped through or is the brush just well scratchy.

rt66chix

I wont be able to comment on the scratchiness, but could you post a pic with high magnification of the brush? Some of the brushes I have have a bit of a shimmer to them but theyre authentic. Also, my mom always says that my 224 and 266 are scratchy when I use them on her. Sometimes you can have a brush that has a few really sharp scratchy hairs. Back to the paint though, can u post a pic?

NeonKitty

My MAC store still has a dozen of the 226. I was shocked, but they said they sold out so fast they reordered a bunch, and now they're stuck with them. I'm picking mine up tomorrow.

kariii

my 224 is scratchy, but my 226 is lovely! I can't believe they resold you a brush!WTF

NeonKitty

Ok I got mine, definitely has France stamped on it, but I can't comment on the scratchiness of it yet because I've only just cleaned it and won't be using it till it dries.

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
^^where do you live? lol

In a hick town in Canada. One of the few times that being in an obscure location pays off, not as many MAC addicts here. They said they sold out of the first batch so fast that they reordered them, and have 12 left
shockt.gif

experiment2344

Lol sorry everyone I kind of forgot about this post. ANYWAYS I misunderstood the girl they didn't resell it they put it on hold for someone who never picked it up and decided she didn't want the brush after all. My brush is real I went to different MAC counters and had it confirmed. I don't have a good camera just my mac webcam lol. But it's real. Kind of shocking it's scratchy but I wiped it down with olive oil and then washed with baby shampoo and ever since it's been soft.