My MAC PRO Tour Experience

Classic Beauty

Everyone seems to have questions about the MAC tour. I would like to tell everyone what I experienced so they can get an idea.

I went to the pro tour at the Barton Creek Nordstrom's. Christine Stafford was the artist and she was AMAZING! She is the Southwest Texas trainer and she trains the MACs in Austin, San Antonio, Houstin, Corpus Christi, McAllen, and Brownsville. She was so laidback and fun, and an awesome artist. She shared so many tips with us.

The whole group went in a seperate room at the mall. They provided bottled water and cookies at the door. When we walked in, there were rows of chairs all facing the stage. On each chair there was a folder and a shopping bag. In the bag there was a MAC pencil and samples of strobe cream, clear lipglass, and silver dust (is the a pigment?). In the folder was a page with special rips, a notes page, and an order form page. When everyone was seated she introduced herself and her background.

Here are my notes:

1.) She reccommends the 252 for eyeshadow application because it picks up and deposits a ton of color.

2.) For an eye application she put on Fast Response Eye Cream*, then Prep and Prime eye base, and then a paint all with one side of the 252 brush.

3.) Then she added the brows with a 208 brush. She said her trick is to make a dotted line right underneath the brow, then blend up and color in. She said Saddle is the most versatile e/s to use. She said use a mascara wand to soften the look.

4.) For eyeshadow, she did the highlight first (252), then the lid (252), and then the crease (217).

5.) For the lid, she said dont do a back and forth motion with the eyeshadow. She said pat it down.

6.) For the crease, she said to load the tip of the 217 with cork e/s. Then, start the crease on the brow bone right above the pupil of your eye (or the center). Because it will be the darkest in the middle, it will make your crease "deeper," open your eyes, and your brows will look higher. Dont begin at the outer corners because the darkest area will be the outer part of your eye which will make you look saggy.

7.) For eyeliner, she said to always to sharpen your pencil and use the side and not the tip to prevent the color "skips."

8.) For mascara, she strongly reccommended Prep and Prime lash. She said use that on the top of your upper lashes and then the bottem of the upper lashes and let it set for two minutes. Then apply mascara (she loves zoomlash) on the top of the upper lashes, and then the bottem. She likes this technique especially for people with light lashes.

9.) Then she moves onto the face. She loves prep and prime face. She said if you dont like wearing foundation, then you can just wear prep and prime face and it will look fine. You only need half a pump of it, and she applied it with a 190 brush. If you wear sunscreen, apply the sunscreen before the prep and prime.

10.) If you have large pores, apply foundation to the area in circular motions with a 190. For the rest of the face, use the 187. She also said to match your foundation to your shoulder and not your neck. Also, the more hydrated the area looks, the less lines that appear.

11.) STUDIO FIX (POWDER & LIQUID) DO NOT USE FOR PHOTOGRAPHY!!!.

12.) She like cremeblushes, even if you have oily skin. She used circlular motions and applied with a 190.

13.) She does not like powders, but if you have shine, use blot powder to set foundation.

14.) Cremesticks are waterproof. After applying lipstick, she lined the lips and the corners of the lips. Then she applied gloss.

15.) She applies concealer last. She said all concealers need to be pink-based. Yellow-based tends to make everyone sick.

*She also recommended Fast Response Eye Cream for blemishes. It gets most of the red out and shrinks the size.

*a side note* At the beginning, she asked us 3 trivia questions. She asked what MAC stood for. Nobody answered for a while, so I guessed. Well I got it right and she gave me a free mouth watering l/g! (without me knowing she was giving free stuff away). Then she asked another question, well I was really quick answering that because "hey! free stuff." I got it right, received my petit four l/g, then she told me I couldn't answer anymore. She asked one more and gave a lady a lady meringue (the one I REALLY wanted). But yea, I felt so proud of myself. I think my mom was a little embarressed though lol.

I also think I officially have gotten my mother into MAC. Bravo Sam!

Cdjax

That sounds like a lot of fun! I wish there was one of the PRO Tours coming to my area!

MAC_Whore

Thanks for sharing your experience. Sounds like you had a good time. Enjoy your new, FREE lipglasses!
smiles.gif

airrinleah

Thanks for this entry! I always do the mid-outer crease first, and I am definitely going to try her "in the middle" approach.

It's awesome that all of your MAC studies have done well for you with free prizes :p

aziza

Wow...these are awesome tips
smiles.gif
I'm going to print these out and stick it in my traincase!

bellaetoile

aww yay for free stuff! i got the sweetie cake quad free, for answering the 'what does MAC stand for?' question, which was great, since my friend stole mine. plus john s., the pro for our tour, did my makeup, and i got to keep the lashes he used on me as well, so that was free #7s and a free quad, plus the products i bought! i'm so glad i went!

Throwaway Style

I went to one a little bit ago, I saw Konstantine, and it was awesome.
There weren't many of us in there, and he was really into people talking and what not, he was also super super nice. I ran into him after in the upstairs part of nordstroms, and he aksed if i enjoyed the experience, and if i'd gotten to go downstairs and look at everything. Then i was waiting around for the MA who was doing my makeup, and he just came over and made sure someone was helping me and such. then while i was getting my makeup done he just came over and he was like "YOU ARE SO CUTE"
tong.gif
It was like, the best day of my life. haha. yay pro-tour!

FemmeNoir

I went to the one in Brea, Ca and it wasn't very good. We didn't get any samples, and there was a huge miscommunication among the employees. Apparently someone who doesn't work there anymore messed a lot of things up. Anyway, there really wasn't anything special about it. No pro products available, no swag (I got facechart postcards and a really cool pad of paper with facecharts at one before). The makeup appointments afterwards were completely disorganized, and many people were angry. One of the managers was taking great care of the customers, though. Anyway, I was really dissapointed, and probably won't be going again.

Oh, and they were charging $75 for this, but lowered it to $50 b/c they couldn't get enough people, however they didn't tell the people who paid $75 about the change.

tarteheart

Exquisite, seminars are for consumers.

Thanks for sharing your experience! It's nice to know what the Pro Tour was like for other people. I have to say, I disagree with a lot of the tips that she shared, but to each her own. Thanks again for sharing.
smiles.gif

thegirlgotsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeNoir
I went to the one in Brea, Ca and it wasn't very good. We didn't get any samples, and there was a huge miscommunication among the employees. Apparently someone who doesn't work there anymore messed a lot of things up. Anyway, there really wasn't anything special about it. No pro products available, no swag (I got facechart postcards and a really cool pad of paper with facecharts at one before). The makeup appointments afterwards were completely disorganized, and many people were angry. One of the managers was taking great care of the customers, though. Anyway, I was really.

I'm going to second this. Mine was this past Saturday @ the Providence Place Mall, and after reading about other people's experiences with them on here, I was excited. But once I got there, it really wasn't that great. We got no samples, no "trivia" questions for free product, and it was VERY disorganized. The trainer had to keep calling downstairs for stuff she wanted, which put the thing on hold a bunch of times, and all in all it took about almost 2 hours. And I didn't really find that I learned much from it.

And the appointments downstairs afterward were AWFUL. Since the seminar ran more than an hour over, they were all messed up and hurried. The girl that did my makeup was sweet, but she did a terrible, hurried and messy job with my makeup. I had to ask for a wipe to take it all off before I left because I didn't want to walk around with it on, it looked THAT terrible.

I don't think I'd ever do it again, personally. Not worth the $$$, even if it is redeemable in product. They told me I had to buy stuff with my refund that day, and I wasn't able to just get merch credit or whatever for later on, when I needed the $ for new collections.

ssad.gif