My makeup storage [PIC HEAVY]

shellygrrl

Staff member
I just reorganized a little bit recently. :) I keep everything in my bedroom, in or on top of a three-drawer dresser that I've had since I was a baby. (It was originally white with appliques on it. Several years ago, my mother and I repainted it and fitted new handles to it.)
cd9d13fa_20130311-DSC_0017_zps564f4e71.jpeg
Top of dresser, left side. On top of the washcloth are brushes I need to clean. Underneath the large black palette (which houses my Makeup Geek shadows) are my Naked palettes (original and Naked 2). I need to work out a solution for those, plus a couple of other palettes I've got. I’ve also got other bits toward the back — Bioderma cleansing water, a bottle filled with water and 70% alcohol (equal parts) for sanitizing, hand sanitizer, brush cleaner (MAC’s), sunscreen (for body; I use it when I go biking during the warmer months), nail polish remover, and makeup setting spray (e.l.f.’s).
a9501a2e_20130311-DSC_0018_zpse05345f2.jpeg
Top of dresser, right side. Headband (to get my hair out of my face if need be), mirror, my La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (I keep it in my bedroom instead of in my bathroom), NYX HD primer, mascaras, UDPP, scissors, tweezers, kabuki brush, sharpeners, double-ended Q-tips/cotton buds, lip balm, and lip exfoliants.
760fa15c_20130311-DSC_0019_zps891a54a6.jpeg
Back of top of dresser. I got the pencil cup on the far left from The Container Store; the other two are from K-Mart. The first one holds eye and lip pencils. Middle one, face and lip brushes. Last one, eye brushes, eyebrow razor, and lash curlers.
5bd12c4a_20130311-DSC_0015_zps86306fc2.jpeg
Top drawer, left-hand side. My MAC eyeshadow palette and freestyle blush palette are sitting on the edge, as I don’t have anywhere for them. First drawer container contains single eyeshadows, pigments, cream eyeshadows, gel liner, and lash glue. Second drawer container contains smaller eyeshadow palettes, and I have a concealer palette buried in there, too. Third one houses foundation, concealers, primer, and loose powders.
1611c22a_20130311-DSC_0016_zps79c33638.jpeg
Top drawer, right-hand side. Fourth container holds blushes, bronzers, and highlighers. Last one contains lipsticks and lipglosses.
c51d473a_20130311-DSC_0020_zps8d0ad017.jpeg
Middle drawer, left-hand side. Both containers on the far left contain stuff I don’t use at the moment for whatever reason. Second container contains my nail polishes. Third one contains small hand sanitizers, as well as a spare nail polish remover pad pack, the brush from my Hoola bronzer, and a nail polish remover pen. Behind the third container are spare cotton buds.
ca9327f4_20130311-DSC_0021_zps614fc487.jpeg
Middle drawer, right-hand side. A bag full of old brushes and blotting papers, another bag full of falsh lashes, and I’ve got a couple of brush rolls in there. In the leopard-print bag are smaller sacks (a couple Sephora ones and some random ones). The bottom drawer doesn’t contain anything much makeup-related. Mainly spare makeup sponges and cotton balls. (edited b/c I forgot to mention stuff. and forgot that my powder puff is in the top drawer. gah.)

anne082

Wow, that's really neat
i sill hunting for a small mirror for my vanity table just can't find the right one :)

josephine90

what kind of makeup mirror do u have? is it good? im looking for one with natural lighting as my room is pretty dark most of the time!

shellygrrl

Staff member
It's a very inexpensive Conair one -- only about $20, I think? The light is battery-powered, but I never use it, because I don't like it. Not bright enough for me.

surfroxy

Love the pots for your brushes and pencils - such a great idea! I cannot wait to move house so I will finally have the space to organise my collection a little better!