My new HG brushes for eyeliner

capmorlovesmac

I was wrong.
I thought - since the hard angled brushes never really worked for my eyeliner application - the get bent liner brush by benefit is my HG for eyeliner.
It worked so much better that other brushes for me so I was thrilled. But the lines were never really even and those pretty "wings"? Not achievable.. not for me.

I have a diploma in Graphic Design and so I have a ton of oil colors, water colors and gouache colors etc. in a dray under my desk with dozen of brushes in there. And today I finally noticed.. hmm.. those tiny tiny ones I used for watercolor painting.. hmm.. they are all of great natural hairs and they are made to draw precise lines...

th_thdeadea.gif

Why don't use them for my eyeliner! They are way cheaper. They were about 6 EUR each back then instead of 16.50 EUR like the benefit brush and they work so much better!

And I tried them and...
omg.gif
I love them! Wings.. here I am!
th_DANCE.gif

davinci_aquarell-brushes.jpg

Why didn't I had this idea earlier. I could have saved the money for the benefit brush and buy one more l/g
nonono.gif

Do you also use some artists brushes instead of makeup brushes for some applications?

Kiss and Makeup

I have a brush like that that I sometimes use for my gel eyeliners. You're right, they work great, and they're so much cheaper (and smaller) than any brush I found at a cosmetics store. I only use mine sometimes though because I think I look best with a thicker line, but I use this one on the inner corner of my eye for a tight lining and it makes a great wing
greengrin.gif

Latest posts