My new vanity and collection! Updated

Romina1

I updated this 7/15/2011
As much as I wanted to keep my collection minimal this time, I know I'm not going to make it...
A few months back I tried to organize my messy collection, so I got rid of almost the 50% of it and started rebuilding it. That was old stuff, stuff that I never used and gave away, threw away, donated etc.
I am trying to be minimalist at my new home as it is obvious by the storage. I'm not happy with the storage in these plastic things right now, as I don't find it the cutest thing!

I keep what I use in everyday basis on these two little 3-drawer boxes.

Here's the first: 1st drawer: primers, foundations and concealers

2nd: Powders, my 4 (only) MSF and my bronzers

3rd: Blushes that I use the most and 2 MAC CCBs

In the second box I keep my eye and lip products.
In the first drawer I have my MAC eye products and palettes, shadows, a few pigments and glitters and MUFE e/s and aqua creams and UD Naked Palette

Here's a look inside my palettes (I;m working on them, I'll have one more filled this month!)

2nd drawer, various eyepencils and liners, palettes from Dior, Chanel, MAC false eye lashes, mascaras

A look from my other palettes that I keep on the make up desk and some pigments

And the last one, lipencils, lipglosses, lipsticks. In the front row are my MAC l/s and at the back various from Dior, MUFE, Chanel, L'oreal, Maybelline.

These are the brushes I use daily, (and an attempt to create my brush holder) a couple Sephora and the rest are MAC. I need a second one...

The vanity has two big drawers (I got no pictures of these), one is full of back-ups, face-skincare products and some brushes I rarely use, and the other is a little mess with things I never use but I still refuse to get rid of, some of them because they are high-end and some because I think I may need some day, that is about 30 lipsticks and eyeshadows, a couple of palettes and six blushes and bronzers.

There are no nail products here as they live on a shelf at my bookcase!

ElvenEyes

A lovely collection and set up! Nice and tidy! I was a minimalist in makeup for 20 years. Now I am having fun going the other way! Enjoy your new and fresh collection!

Romina1

I had started collecting like crazy when I first got into makeup, in my teen years. Ten years later I decided to go the other way. So far I am determined to prevent my collection for growing extremely. It's difficult though. I have already a big list with the upcoming collections but I'm really going to buy what I'll be using!

ElvenEyes

I had started collecting like crazy when I first got into makeup, in my teen years. Ten years later I decided to go the other way. So far I am determined to prevent my collection for growing extremely. It's difficult though. I have already a big list with the upcoming collections but I'm really going to buy what I'll be using!

That is what I did! I collected a lot of fun things and even became an Avon Lady between age 17 and 21. Then I got into a groove where I found what I liked about the time I got married and have been the same until right after Christmas! My collection grew, but I am picky. I use everything! I doubt it will be this large come 2-5 years from now, but it will always be bigger than it was back in my 30's. Until I am 80. Maybe then I will cut back.
girlhaha.gif
Your vanity is gorgeous, though! I love it!

shadowaddict

Very pretty. You have it so neat and organized. Mine is not so much. I"m kind of messy but getting better at least with my makeup. But I still loose things.

ElvenEyes

Pretty and love the colours! We have similar taste! Those Loreal blushes look very nice, too. I have one and am happy with it for a soft pink look. I often pair it up when using bronzer. What are the red and purple mascaras, please?

Romina1

The mascaras are both Maybelline.
The red one is Volume express One by One and the purple Volum express The Falsies Black Drama. The Falsies is really like falsies! My favorite of all!