My New Vanity

HustleRose

oh & btw, using the utensil holder for organization in there is a great idea and now i wanna run out and get one!!

Lissah

This looks really great. I was just checking out this smaller one myself. It does say
Key features
bullet.gif
Soft felt trays for jewelry, etc.
so its kinda weird that it wasnt in your box
th_dunno.gif

Ciani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissah
This looks really great. I was just checking out this smaller one myself. It does say
Key features
bullet.gif
Soft felt trays for jewelry, etc.
so its kinda weird that it wasnt in your box
th_dunno.gif

That is strange....all I had in there was a piece of felt that fit in the bottom of the drawer.
ssad.gif

sassyclassy

This is really nice! You have a good sized amount of make up to fill up the drawers. I have the same table too, I got it like 2 months ago but I was kinda regretting buying the smaller one because I love the padded drawer from the long one..

Regardless I do think that this table is a fairly good size anyways and the glass top is something that the original did not have so that's a bonus. Plus I think the height of this one is much more reasonable as well.

And I also only got felt as well. I'm sure they just have an incorrect description on the website. Too bad they didn't have one on display so we could have realized that before purchasing it! I had to just look for it in the pick up area since I couldn't find it in the showroom.

atwingirl

Thank you for your post! I was interested in purchasing the smaller one as well and didn't know the glass came with it. I can't imagine why your drawer dividers were not in the box. I am going to have to ask about that. Your set up is great!

I wanted this so bad, but sadly the smaller one has JUST been discontinued...as in, it was on the website 30 minutes ago and now only the larger one remains.
ssad.gif

Ciani

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinstarangel
I wanted this so bad, but sadly the smaller one has JUST been discontinued...as in, it was on the website 30 minutes ago and now only the larger one remains.
ssad.gif

That's odd was it the birch one that you wanted? I noticed the Birch color is not there but I just checked the US site and it is showing to order online.

IKEA | Nightstands & other storage | Dressing tables | MALM | Dressing table

I originally wanted the the black one but my Dad talked me into buying the Oak one because they had the fold out MALM mirror for $29.99 on sale unfortunately they didn't have the other colors on sale
ssad.gif
. I still love the way mine looks though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciani
That's odd was it the birch one that you wanted? I noticed the Birch color is not there but I just checked the US site and it is showing to order online.

IKEA | Nightstands & other storage | Dressing tables | MALM | Dressing table

I originally wanted the the black one but my Dad talked me into buying the Oak one because they had the fold out MALM mirror for $29.99 on sale unfortunately they didn't have the other colors on sale
ssad.gif
. I still love the way mine looks though!

Yeah, I wanted any but the Black-brown...but after trying to add the "wood" toned ones many times for almost 24 hours, it would only let me do Black-brown. So, I sucked it up and ordered it! Hopefully the big ones will still be around in another year when I move again and I can get a large one. But the small will do for now!

Ciani

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinstarangel
Yeah, I wanted any but the Black-brown...but after trying to add the "wood" toned ones many times for almost 24 hours, it would only let me do Black-brown. So, I sucked it up and ordered it! Hopefully the big ones will still be around in another year when I move again and I can get a large one. But the small will do for now!

You have the same idea I do! I want to order the large one when I get a house! Make a whole room into my makeup storage/vanity room lol.

ritchieramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyclassy
Plus I think the height of this one is much more reasonable as well.

I have the full size Malm vanity and I find the height of it to be a real problem. Obviously I need to be able to fit my knees under the drawer, but a seat/stool that's low enough for that is slightly too low for the height of the desk itself. I feel like a child sitting at an adult-sized table!

What sort of seat do other people use with the large vanity?
th_dunno.gif

Ciani

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjenny17
i cant find the fold out mirror online anywhere for mine =[

It wasn't online anymore which is why I didn't expect to find it at the store, so apparently they can only be purchased at the stores now and no longer online. I was completely shocked to see a display up of it and very happy to buy it!

brianjenny17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciani
It wasn't online anymore which is why I didn't expect to find it at the store, so apparently they can only be purchased at the stores now and no longer online. I was completely shocked to see a display up of it and very happy to buy it!

oh boo! lol i cant seem to find a mirror i like enough for mine .. but just so you know the larger ones are getting discontinued and are on sale in store for $99 so if you plan on getting one for the future i'd hurry! lol

BloopBloop

omg, they have a mini version?!?! Screw that im getting rid of the small couch i put in my room as a secondary decision bc the MALM wouldnt fit!!

Ciani

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjenny17
oh boo! lol i cant seem to find a mirror i like enough for mine .. but just so you know the larger ones are getting discontinued and are on sale in store for $99 so if you plan on getting one for the future i'd hurry! lol

OMG it so figures they would put that one on sale for way less then what I paid for the smaller version one lol! I may end up picking it up when my parents go again to Detroit if I can talk my Dad into letting me take his truck and follow them lol.

It depends on if I can find a set of drawers that match the Malm smaller version because if I can find one that is the same height/color I might just put some drawers on the right side and put my palettes ontop or some of the clutter from the top of the vanity because I bought those cool little round cherry blossom lamps to put on it but they dont fit with all my junk ontop of the vanity lol.