My poor lashes ....

Chpidou

Hi !
I desperately looking for a mascara for my horrible lashes : they are quite short, and on the top of that they are very straight and they grow to the bottom, so I can't curve them, the curl don't stay more than 5 min, even when I use an eyelash curler (manual or heating like the panasonic).
So, did someone find a super mascara that can lengthen and curl very straight eyelashes and make the curve stay ?
I particularly speak to the asian girl who have the same lashes than me.

Thank in advance and sorry for my bad english.

faifai

Maybelline Volum Express Turbo waterproof is an excellent lengthening mascara that holds curl all day. The key to most mascaras is to get a waterproof version, they hold the curl better. However, most "curling" mascaras don't do much curling on their own, you'll need to curl the lashes before you apply mascara, and then the mascara will hold the curl.

MAC_Whore

I absolutely agree with Faifai. You definitely need to curl them as the "curling" mascaras don't do much on their own.

I have a lot of lashes, and they are dark, but they don't have much natural curl. Lately I have had success with:

+ Curl (Shu Umuera, Kevin Aucoin and MAC make good lash curlers). I curl up the lash. Meaning I first curl at the base of the lash, then mid way up and again near the tip of the lash. That gives a more rounded curl as opposed to just curling at the base, which tends to make them stick straight up and look unnatural.

+ Smashbox primer on the outer lashes only (I have noticed that too much lash primer weighs the lash down and makes it loose that curl).

+ Apply mascara. I just purchased Lancome's Courbe Vitose and am quite pleased. Whilst it isn't waterproof, it is a fabulous lightweight formula that doesn't weigh down lashes. It adds great colour and length as well.

+ I also carry a lash curler in my makeup bag as well. I give them a curl at my after lunch makeup touch up to keep the curl all day.

BTW. Check out some of faifai's FOTD. She has AMAZING lashes. MAC needs to come out with some fake lashes called the faifais!
smiles.gif

jenii

What I do, is I curl my eyelashes, then put on Shiseido's mascara base, and then follow it up with Diorshow mascara.

It's really the only way to make my eyelashes look really good. Well, other than wearing false eyelashes, but that's a total pain, so I only do it when I'm going to a wedding or something.

Chpidou

Ok thanks ! I will to try the Lancome's Virtuose but more cheap, on ebay I think.
Do mascara bases really curve or just lengthten and thicken ?

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chpidou
Ok thanks ! I will to try the Lancome's Virtuose but more cheap, on ebay I think.

Regardless of what they say, they generally just lengthen and thicken.
smiles.gif

belldandy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chpidou

I'm an asian gal as well and have stiff, short lashes that won't stay curled and I use Shiseido's mascara base and i find that it actually really helps my curl stay much better & for longer!

I use coats & coats (following Faifai's advice) of mascara (diorshow) on top of the shiseido base and I love the results. It does also lengthen & thicken!

Noel

I'm half korean and half caucasian and I recommend Diorshow Blackout mascara. It is AMAZING. My lashes without mascara are pretty sad..they like stick straight out and are puny, LOL. But after I put a few coats of Blackout on, wow, it makes your lashes longer, blacker, and thicker. After you curl your lashes with an eye curler, the staying power lasts a long while as well. Good luck with whatever mascara you choose though!
smiles.gif