Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Here is last mani:
DSC02328.JPG DSC02329.JPG DSC02334.JPG DSC02340.JPG DSC02332.JPG
KBShimmer Chill Out. I loved this, it was everything that 'Ard As Nails wasn't! It had shimmer instead of flakies and wasn't quite as vibrant a blue as I was hoping AAS would be but it twinkled like mad and had an amazing vibrant green glow that none of my pics could capture. Just stunning, only 2 coats and with glitter smoother lasted perfectly for 3 weeks - I only took it off because it was growing out at the base and there was quite a big gap.

Current mani is still in the camera!

Anitacska

Here is last mani:
View attachment 71134 View attachment 71135 View attachment 71137 View attachment 71138 View attachment 71136
KBShimmer Chill Out. I loved this, it was everything that 'Ard As Nails wasn't! It had shimmer instead of flakies and wasn't quite as vibrant a blue as I was hoping AAS would be but it twinkled like mad and had an amazing vibrant green glow that none of my pics could capture. Just stunning, only 2 coats and with glitter smoother lasted perfectly for 3 weeks - I only took it off because it was growing out at the base and there was quite a big gap.

Current mani is still in the camera!
Very nice! I don't have pictures, but I'm currently wearing Glam Polish Bridle Gossip. It's chipped already though. I would love it if polishes stayed on me for longer than 2/3 days.

PearlyQueen

My Stackry box arrived today, safe and sound - nothing missing, one wrong polish from a maker, no breakages - no idea why it was bounced back to Stackry! Hoping Potion can replace the missing one, haven't had an answer to my email yet. I got so many DRK pigments, it's like an alchemist's lab, I really must spend some time and use them!

Anitacska

My Stackry box arrived today, safe and sound - nothing missing, one wrong polish from a maker, no breakages - no idea why it was bounced back to Stackry! Hoping Potion can replace the missing one, haven't had an answer to my email yet. I got so many DRK pigments, it's like an alchemist's lab, I really must spend some time and use them!
Yes, and be sure to show me your creations!

PearlyQueen

So this is what I've been wearing for the last three weeks:
DSC02474.JPG DSC02475.JPG DSC02477.JPG

Wildflower Lacquer Aretha and Takko Lacquer Electric Flamingo. I didn't notice the dink in my index until after I'd taken these, I repaired it! Takko was a pain with its skinny little brush. Wildflower is amazing, I now love yellow polishes! I don't have many but will get more. I used two coats of Snow under this, Wildflower was two coats, Takko needed three. And Takko showed almost instant tipwear, but it hasn't got any worse.
The whole thing wasn't really what I had in mind, but I'm enjoying wearing it!

Anitacska

So this is what I've been wearing for the last three weeks:
View attachment 71139 View attachment 71140 View attachment 71141

Wildflower Lacquer Aretha and Takko Lacquer Electric Flamingo. I didn't notice the dink in my index until after I'd taken these, I repaired it! Takko was a pain with its skinny little brush. Wildflower is amazing, I now love yellow polishes! I don't have many but will get more. I used two coats of Snow under this, Wildflower was two coats, Takko needed three. And Takko showed almost instant tipwear, but it hasn't got any worse.
The whole thing wasn't really what I had in mind, but I'm enjoying wearing it!
Nice, very cheerful!

I've had a look at PPU and HHC and I don't think I want anything. There are some polishes I like, but nothing unique. Not ordering from FF either, nothing has caught my eye. Also the group buy is just ridiculous, still waiting for it to ship, was supposed to in July, then August, then September. Apparently it'll ship this week finally.

PearlyQueen

Nice, very cheerful!

I've had a look at PPU and HHC and I don't think I want anything. There are some polishes I like, but nothing unique. Not ordering from FF either, nothing has caught my eye. Also the group buy is just ridiculous, still waiting for it to ship, was supposed to in July, then August, then September. Apparently it'll ship this week finally.
Thank you! I thought it would be gone by now but it's still going strong...
I didn't think I'd want much from the PPU theme but there are some lovely items and my basket currently has the Nailed It, PfD, Glisten & Glow and Kathleen & Co in it. I've also been tempted by the Grace-full but it's out at the moment, I'm sure I have others identical and some of the pictures are much less opaque than others.
For HHC, I have five in my basket along with a duo that hasn't shown a pic yet as a possible. (Paint It Pretty, 2 red Brazilian shimmer polishes (!), Nailed It and one of the Dams). The Dam is pretty but I may drop it. I probably don't need both of the reds but they have different shimmers and one is a jelly while the other isn't and I love the pics so I will definitely get both.
Both of these shops have such gorgeous reds this month I never stood a chance!

PearlyQueen

Well shortly after I posted before I realised that the skittle was growing out a lot at the bottom and changed it for Bee's Knees Lacquer There's A Little Matter Of Murder To Attend To:
there's a little matter of murder to attend to 1.JPG there's a little matter of murder to attend to 2.JPG there's a little matter of murder to attend to 3.JPG there's a little matter of murder to attend to 4.JPG there's a little matter of murder to attend to 5.JPG
I am loving this one as well, so glowy and shifty and sparkly.

Anitacska

That's a very pretty polish! My nails are currently naked, will probably paint them tonight. I had to pick up my middle one quite late last night, so didn't get around to it.

I decided against ordering from HHC, the only one I really liked was the Pahlish, and I'm sure I have something similar. I didn't order from PPU either and not interested in the new Glams. Still waiting for my Femme Fatale order.

Not even sure if I'll buy any polishes during Black Friday, I would have to start a Stackry box and I don't know if I'd want enough to justify it. We'll see.

PearlyQueen

That's a very pretty polish! My nails are currently naked, will probably paint them tonight. I had to pick up my middle one quite late last night, so didn't get around to it.

I decided against ordering from HHC, the only one I really liked was the Pahlish, and I'm sure I have something similar. I didn't order from PPU either and not interested in the new Glams. Still waiting for my Femme Fatale order.

Not even sure if I'll buy any polishes during Black Friday, I would have to start a Stackry box and I don't know if I'd want enough to justify it. We'll see.
Thank you, I really like it, it's still looking good!
I bought from both HHC and PPU (and Rainbow Connection and Nailland and... etc)
I definitely want the last PfD collection but resisted until BF so I will be opening a Black Friday box at Stackry, probably pick up Nailed Its, Great Lakes, PMS shimmers, maybe Wildflowers if the new collection coincides so it will be worth it for me I guess. I see a new Phoenix collection is due too and I have no doubt I'll be wanting at least some of those from Nailland, I'm failing at cutting down at the moment. I am waiting for delivery of three RC orders, two Naillands (and a new box started) plus my current Stackry box, I'm drowning in polish and I need to get a grip.

Anitacska

This is stunning! :love:

Sorry I've been AWOL, a friend of mine from Hungary was staying with me from Wednesday until today, so I spent last weekend cleaning, then work on Monday and Tuesday with a bit more cleaning, and then I was busy with her. We went to see Europe twice in London, it was their 40th anniversary tour. Great fun and it was lovely to see my friend again, but very full on.

Haven't had time to think about polishes much, other than my FF group buy stuff that, would you believe it, I still don't have?! I actually contacted Sophie (FF) about it because Helen went completely awol for days having said that she would post the stuff last weekend. At that point she'd already had the package for over a week and I still didn't have an Evri quote. I still don't have the tracking, but she finally gave me a quote on Thursday and apparently she will be posting our packages on Tuesday. I told Sophie that if Helen carries on doing the group buy, I will likely not be buying again, and although she was sympathetic, in the end she chose not to do anything about it other than give Helen a nudge. Apparently I can order directly and she will hold orders for a while (need to fin out how long), but at this point I'm losing the little interest I still had in nail polishes. So this might be the end of my nail polish buying altogether. I haven't actually bought any this month and I can't see wanting anything now until HHC (IF), so October may be the first 0 polish month in forever.

Sorry, rant over. It's just really frustrating as it's about £200+ worth of stuff, so I really would like to receive it without any more stress.

PearlyQueen

This is stunning! :love:

Sorry I've been AWOL, a friend of mine from Hungary was staying with me from Wednesday until today, so I spent last weekend cleaning, then work on Monday and Tuesday with a bit more cleaning, and then I was busy with her. We went to see Europe twice in London, it was their 40th anniversary tour. Great fun and it was lovely to see my friend again, but very full on.

Haven't had time to think about polishes much, other than my FF group buy stuff that, would you believe it, I still don't have?! I actually contacted Sophie (FF) about it because Helen went completely awol for days having said that she would post the stuff last weekend. At that point she'd already had the package for over a week and I still didn't have an Evri quote. I still don't have the tracking, but she finally gave me a quote on Thursday and apparently she will be posting our packages on Tuesday. I told Sophie that if Helen carries on doing the group buy, I will likely not be buying again, and although she was sympathetic, in the end she chose not to do anything about it other than give Helen a nudge. Apparently I can order directly and she will hold orders for a while (need to fin out how long), but at this point I'm losing the little interest I still had in nail polishes. So this might be the end of my nail polish buying altogether. I haven't actually bought any this month and I can't see wanting anything now until HHC (IF), so October may be the first 0 polish month in forever.

Sorry, rant over. It's just really frustrating as it's about £200+ worth of stuff, so I really would like to receive it without any more stress.
Hi Anita, nice to hear from you again. Hope you had a lovely visit. Glad you enjoyed Europe!
I can't believe you still don't have the FFs. So annoying. I hope they come soon, and glad to hear you have a plan B going forward. Well done on not buying this month. I seem to be incapable.
I have a small wishlist for PPU and an open Nailland so I will send them there.
I've got two very late RC deliveries I've been stressing about - not RC's fault, they were shipped Royal Mail and her tracking numbers show that they haven't attempted delivery yet (hubby is missing something overdue as well), so it's a RM issue. Very annoying and they don't count as late for another week or so. I almost always get RC packages within two days, it has been 11 and 12 days for these two.
By the way, I've consolidated my Stackry and it's on the way with your two polishes in it, I'll let you know when they're here. It was way too expensive for the number of polishes this time, I'm guessing it's my turn for the huge half empty box full of padded envelopes. I really wasn't up for a Stackry box this time, it was that stupid very late PPU delivery that caused it.
Black Friday is approaching and I know of several things I want to buy but I'm hoping to stop using Stackry after that for a while, this one really annoyed me with the big bill and not really having wanted to start it anyway. We'll see...
Take care xxx

Anitacska

Hi Anne, if you order from PPU, could I ask you to get the Rogue Lacquer for me please? It's really pretty. If not, no worries, I can be without it. Thanks.

PearlyQueen

Hi Anne, if you order from PPU, could I ask you to get the Rogue Lacquer for me please? It's really pretty. If not, no worries, I can be without it. Thanks.
Yes, no problem, I am sending mine to Nailland this time. The Rogue has been on and off my wishlist several times! I have your last order (spoiler alert - I love the Girly Bits, probably more than any of the ones I bought!) Yet again I have an incorrect item sent, again mine not yours. It's been a royal pain this order...
Anyhow, let's hope they can sort it out. They always send me a green instead of a blue!
So to forward your two will be £2.99, can hold for the Rogue to join them if you want (but it will again be a while before I ship that from Nailland). Let me know!
xxx

Anitacska

Yes, no problem, I am sending mine to Nailland this time. The Rogue has been on and off my wishlist several times! I have your last order (spoiler alert - I love the Girly Bits, probably more than any of the ones I bought!) Yet again I have an incorrect item sent, again mine not yours. It's been a royal pain this order...
Anyhow, let's hope they can sort it out. They always send me a green instead of a blue!
So to forward your two will be £2.99, can hold for the Rogue to join them if you want (but it will again be a while before I ship that from Nailland). Let me know!
xxx
Sorry to hear they messed up your order again. Hope you get it sorted. Thanks for ordering the Rogue for me. Let me know how much I'll owe you. Please can you hold my other 2 for now? Also, please add my share of the Stackry shipping to it, I don't want you to be out of pocket because of extra polishes for me.

PearlyQueen

Sorry to hear they messed up your order again. Hope you get it sorted. Thanks for ordering the Rogue for me. Let me know how much I'll owe you. Please can you hold my other 2 for now? Also, please add my share of the Stackry shipping to it, I don't want you to be out of pocket because of extra polishes for me.
Thanks Anita, will wait to hear from them - I asked them to send the missing one with this month's to Nailland as my Stackry is currently empty, fingers crossed. No problem to get the Rogue for you, I'll let you know how much when I've actually paid for it (remember 1.5 Euros on top for Nailland fee). Happy to hold the other two for you, no need for extra for Stackry fees! xxx

PearlyQueen

Thanks Anita, will wait to hear from them - I asked them to send the missing one with this month's to Nailland as my Stackry is currently empty, fingers crossed. No problem to get the Rogue for you, I'll let you know how much when I've actually paid for it (remember 1.5 Euros on top for Nailland fee). Happy to hold the other two for you, no need for extra for Stackry fees! xxx
Ordered ppu, paid Nailland fee too, total for you is £16.52 (exc UK shipping) x