Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

PearlyQueen

OK, so here's the first set of mani pics that are edited and ready to post - and it's that one again! Illyrian Blood Red Opal: blood red opal 2.JPG blood red opal 5.JPG blood red opal 8.JPG
I actually had to thin it this time around. I still love it but I think I'll wear it a bit less often going forward!

PearlyQueen

So the next mani I have to share may be my new favourite polish - I expect to wear it again, was not ready to change it by the time it chipped. This is Victorian Varnish Bottled Wind Power:
DSC02884.JPG DSC02885.JPG DSC02886.JPG DSC02890.JPG
Stunning colour, really sparkly and kind of shifty - and a one-coater as well. If I was a stamper this would totally work for that. I have an urge to use it with a mermaid stencil at some point!

PearlyQueen

So this was my Christmas mani:
king & snow white 1.JPG king and snow white 10.JPG
I had in mind a red and gold glitter fest, pulled out one of each plus a red and gold mixed glitter - and hit a brick wall! The red had completely dried out, so had the red and gold. And the gold wasn't sparkly at all. So since I was ready to paint I just grabbed the first ones I thought of (I'd spent a while planning the first version!) and came up with Esmaltes Da Kelly Snow White and F.U.N Lacquer King. I loved this! The EdK needed some thinner, but it came back to life fine. Beautiful - but it did stain! The FUN was amazing - I vaguely remembered I had a few golds from them and just opened up boxes till I found the first one. It was in gorgeous condition and was absolutely stunning in 2 coats - it's not just gold glitter, it's gold holo glitter. I was super impressed with how well it applied and no thinner required, although I've had it on a shelf for years! I was sad to give up on the red glass fleck Special FX polish I'd hoped to use but it was properly dead, so was Reading by Nails Inc :( Still, two off the spreadsheet!

PearlyQueen

Now, here are my first home-made polishes using my many ingredients from DRK! Finally got round to having a go and it's fun! Terrible application as I was making one colour, roughly applying to test it and then making another but you get a rough idea of how they look. I've been concentrating on my Neon mini lab and I thought a yellow, orange and green neon cream would be a good way to start off simple. I'm quite pleased with them! I bought this kit because I wanted neons but didn't want to pay for them in case I hated them on!
neons 5.JPG neons 8.JPG aciiid 2.JPG
I even named them! The yellow is Aciiid! The orange is Firestarter. The green is Flow-Viz.

PearlyQueen

Next attempt was more complicated. I wasted a sample by adding black to it and ending up with a colour I hated but eventually made Soulbound:
Soulbound.JPG
This was a much more complex process, it has white, magenta, glow in the dark, white mica and iridescent flakies in it - I was shocked how many flakies I had to use and you still can't really see them properly. I used the whole tub this time around. It is a pretty polish though! That was the last of my first weekend of polish creation - I went back and did more last weekend, they're still in my camera along with my current mani, so I'm off to upload, look at the pics and do editing - might not get time to post the rest today!

Anitacska

Nice to see you again! Loving the manis, especially the Illyrian (of course) and the Victorian Varnish. I'm currently not wearing any polish, was too tired to replace the last one, but I try to have polished nails at least on the days I'm in the office. I've been wearing my old polishes mostly because I can't be bothered to search for stuff (my polishes are stored in date order), so I've worn some older Different Dimension, Girly Bits, ILNP, PfD, EdM and Femme Fatale.

I had 3 days off this week, but ended up really busy as we went to IKEA and had to assemble some things and move some furniture around in my middle one's room. I pulled my back in the process, so I'm going to take it easy this weekend, although I have a few things I need to do (isn't that always the case?).

Still no new polishes for me, although I contemplated buying a coupld from HHC, I didn't in the end. Everything I see I feel like I have similar polishes to which is probably correct! My fragrance obsession is still going (although have slowed down a little), so just as well I'm not spending money elsewhere.

Look forward to seeing more mani pictures from you and I will try my best to take some, now that the days are longer, I might even be able to catch some daylight!

PearlyQueen

Nice to see you again! Loving the manis, especially the Illyrian (of course) and the Victorian Varnish. I'm currently not wearing any polish, was too tired to replace the last one, but I try to have polished nails at least on the days I'm in the office. I've been wearing my old polishes mostly because I can't be bothered to search for stuff (my polishes are stored in date order), so I've worn some older Different Dimension, Girly Bits, ILNP, PfD, EdM and Femme Fatale.

I had 3 days off this week, but ended up really busy as we went to IKEA and had to assemble some things and move some furniture around in my middle one's room. I pulled my back in the process, so I'm going to take it easy this weekend, although I have a few things I need to do (isn't that always the case?).

Still no new polishes for me, although I contemplated buying a coupld from HHC, I didn't in the end. Everything I see I feel like I have similar polishes to which is probably correct! My fragrance obsession is still going (although have slowed down a little), so just as well I'm not spending money elsewhere.

Look forward to seeing more mani pictures from you and I will try my best to take some, now that the days are longer, I might even be able to catch some daylight!
Hey Anita, hope your back is better xxx

PearlyQueen

I had one more mani to share before I got distracted last time out, this is Illyrian Polish Candyland:

candyland 4.JPG candyland 3.JPG candyland 2.jpg candyland 1.jpg

It's pretty but I'm more in the mood for brighter things at the moment! Still wearing this, my manis are indestructible at the moment...

PearlyQueen

And here are the other polishes I made with my DRK stuff!
DSC00006.JPG
Excuse messy application, I'm having trouble with my eyes these days, still waiting for my cataract op. Plus no time for clean-up as I'm making back to back polishes! This one I called Release the Balls.
DSC00011.JPG DSC00012.JPG
The pink is Angela Android.

DSC00017.JPG

This one is 8-Wheeled Anti-Radiation Tomb

DSC00025.JPG DSC00029.JPG
There's a Hole in Your Mind
DSC00023.JPG

PearlyQueen

And the overall weekend's output:
DSC00018.JPG DSC00019.JPG DSC00024.JPG
The pinkie is an earlier version of There's a Hole in Your Mind before I bounced a load of microflakies into it. I think I have a tendency to one ingredient too many in my quest for opacity, 8-Wheeled Anti-Radiation Tomb was much more shimmery and bluer before I added more pigment.
I've been really enjoying this process, though it is definitely messy and decanting is a pain. I think next time around I might start with my Snow blurring base coat to give the shimmery goodness a bit more of a chance before I kill it with neon pigment!
I try to do a few over a weekend when I've stripped off my mani ready to change it, so I haven't made nearly as much as I'd have liked to! I'm willing tipwear so I can switch things up and make some more!

PearlyQueen

Cool Victorian Varnish story…

So my Black Friday VV order came from Stackry missing the stickers that come with the Cog of the Month polishes, though there was a little bag with a load of other stickers in it. I contacted VV to ask if they should have been included or if they were not offered during the BF sale. I figured they should have been in the bag with the others if they’d sent them, but it was always possible that Stackry had accidentally dumped them with outer packaging. I told them NOT to send to Stackry if they'd gone missing as I only use it occasionally and it's too expensive for just stickers! They said that the stickers should have been in the package and she would hold onto replacements for me until I ordered again. I thanked them and advised it would probably be a while before I placed another order as Stackry is only worth it when I’m ordering loads of stuff, like Black Friday. I also asked if there was any chance she might get an EU stockist like Nailland, Rainbow Connection or Hypnotic, as I loved her polishes and would like to be able to get hold of them. She said she’d love to work with a stockist but had no idea of how to go about it. I then forwarded this onto Nailland - both parties were happy with this, hoping it will work out!

Anyhow, out of the blue yesterday I got an email from VV saying she could send the missing stickers via the HHC group buy and asking if I wanted to add any polishes! I sent a list of a few polishes, including one not yet released, and she is going to send them! Today I saw a spoiler of the upcoming March COTM and asked if I could add it - she sent another invoice and I can get that one too! VV, Dawn at HHC and Fiona from the group buy have all been so cool about this, I'm really blown away! Sometimes people are just so nice, I didn't initiate any of this but they've all been super lovely about it. I'm kind of hoping that they'll let me continue to do this in future!

My sticking to a budget thing has been going pretty well until this month - I underspent slightly on both months so far, and had not spent anything this month until this VV offer came in. I do plan to get a few PPU items this time around - I've definitely decided on the Glisten & Glow and Cuticula ones, have had a few others in and out of the wishlist. Currently the final possible is Paint It Pretty, but I'm not sure. I really fancied Dam until I realised it's purple, not blue! EdM was another possible but I'm sure I have similar so it's out again. I've also picked out a couple I want from Nailland to add to the PPU shipping for checkout.

I noticed that Wildflower's last collection never landed at Hypnotic or Harlow & Co, so I emailed WF, as I did hope to get a few of the forthcoming collection - she emailed back and told me she's only working with Femme Fatale now :( Not sure if I want to go down that route, though I guess they will combine orders for three months. I would hate to have customs fees on top of the hefty shipping cost though. She also said she ships internationally herself, so I might have a look at that.

Anitacska

You enabled me too! I bought a few polishes myself, from FF, EdM and Girly Bits, plus a small rollerball perfume from Solstice Scents. There's a new polish in the EdM March release that I really wanted, but didn't want to order from the US. And then a few other polishes decided to jump in my cart! :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts